Hotwire Hotel: 4* Madrid (City Centre - Gran Via - Sol - Plaza Mayor - La Latina) Petit Palace Plaza Espana

nightpanda
By nightpanda,
in

Madrid 4* 9/5-9/7  $86 per night

City Centre - Gran Via- Sol, Plaza Mayor - La Latina

Business Center, Children's activities, Pet friendly, Smoke free rooms, free internet.  

100% recommended on hotwire review

Any thoughts??  Last one bought got Posada del Dragon. 

Please start by following-up your previous New York City Hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.r post above

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Of course thank you! Just replied there, I didn't end up using the sites because I found a less expensive option through an apartment rental.  I did use this site for an LA trip several years ago that landed me in the W in downtown LA and it was fantastic! It was the hotel I wanted and through here it was suggested that it was the one I would get. Such a great forum.

Confirm your dates on the landing page of the link provided below:

4* City Centre - Gran Via - Sol - Plaza Mayor - La Latina for $87.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> best guess for this offer would be the Hotel Petit Palace Plaza del Carmen

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

waited awhile then did the HOTWIRE purchase

4* City Centre - Gran Via - Sol -Plaza Mayor - La Latina $93 for 9/5-9/7

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Children Activities

Smoke Free Rooms

I got the Petit Palace Plaza Espana -- wish I had gotten the one you thought it would be! (although I in no way feel mislead by this site.. i do by Hotwire however)

I have to give feedback/warning on Hotwire Hot Hotel Deals though:

I am disappointed in this booking.  The *favorite* rating of 90% approval on the hot hotel deals booking page led me to believe it would have better than a 3.9 out of 5 rating on the regular sale page. The median published price quoted of $157 that they base their average savings on is also way higher than the actual published price $107 on the regular page, the $119 on Orbitz, the $107 on Expedia.   I doubt I'll ever use Hotwire again.  

1 hour ago, nightpanda said:

waited awhile then did the HOTWIRE purchase

Sorry to hear you received a hotel other than what you were expecting, but it's been over 3+ weeks since we looked at and research the previous property above... i believe the HOTWIRE offer changed in this time period.

The *favorite* rating of 90% approval on the hot hotel deals booking page led me to believe it would have better than a 3.9 out of 5 rating on the regular sale page

The 3.9 out of 5 is the average of all the criteria that HOTWIRE asks previous guests to rate (location, cleanliness, condition, etc) whereas the 90% figure is the number who would recommend this property... these are two different values and measure two different things.

The median published price quoted of $157 that they base their average savings on is also way higher than the actual published price $107 on the regular page, the $119 on Orbitz, the $107 on Expedia.

The median published price is an average price of hotel of this star rating in the same zone for your travel dates... not an average price of the specific hotel that you purchased.

With the above noted the two properties are similarly reviewed, and although i'm not sure how the locations differ, you would have likely had the same issues even if you had won the Hotel Petit Palace Plaza del Carmen (as that property too has a 3.9/5.0 overall HOTWIRE guest rating and is also priced within a few dollars of the Petit Palace Plaza Espana that you actually won)

If you do decide to use HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE EXPRESS) again in the future feel free to ask the board for help just before your purchase (or if a long time transpires between your search and your purchase then get confirmation again for the board) and we will try to help you land a more satisfactory outcome.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes better than you expect.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]