Priceline Hotel: 4* Kyoto Hotel

gmaroo
By gmaroo,
in

Hi there, 

This will be my first time using the PRICELINE "Name Your Own Price" tool. I was about to place a very, very low bid, but wanted to double check one thing.

Are the hotels featured on the Express and Name Your Own Price tools identical? OR are there more hotels available via Name Your Own Price tha PRICELINE EXPRESS?

When I search the regular Priceline site for a 4* hotel in the Higashiyama - Minami area with a fitness center (one of the guaranteed amenities when bidding), I get three results: 

• Express Deal - $345, (you save 18%! 700 verified guest reviews!)
  • The Westin Miyako Kyoto Hotel - $317 (528 verified guest reviews)
  • Hyatt Regency Kyoto - $426 (744 verified guest reviews)

Looking at the express deal, it seems fairly intuitive which of the two hotels it is (since they're not advertising "Worst Price Guarantee").

However, when I'm on the bidding page, it's a bit more daunting. I would note that the "median price" Priceline shows is $345, which could indicate that algorithm is pulling the median of {317, 345, 426}.

I'd really appreciate some clarity on this point before I put my credit card on the line. TYIA!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The PRICELINE bidding (Name Your Own Price), the PRICELINE EXPRESS side of their service, and the regular rate 'retail' side of their service each use a different universe of hotels.  Naturally there is a LOT of overlap, but some hotels participate with one side of their service but not the other, and vice-versa.

If you provide the parameters of your search (city and dates) and the details of the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (star rating, zone, room rate per nite, amenities associated with the hotel) we will have a look and provide our thoughts as to what it may likely be.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for keeping us updated - are there any other listings of interest showing? If so, please provide the star rating, zone, amenities and price per night and we would be happy to research and try to ID the listing.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]