Priceline Hotel: 3* New York (Midtown East) The Roger Smith Hotel

phil606
By phil606,
in

Need help identifying a NYC Midtown East 3 Star hotel for 7/20 - 7/24 that has a PRICELINE EXPRESS price of $136 and 7/10 rating. 

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Have 3 people, so this is one of few express deals with 2 full beds.   Was thinking it might be the Roger Smith, but need to make sure.  First time posting. 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For the following offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

3* Midtown East for $136
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> i would agree that The Roger Smith Hotel would be the best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From what I have read, that seems to be a decent (but older) hotel with good sized rooms.   Not sure about the safety of the area though. 

I do have a concern about the hotel not honoring the two double beds that are available as an option.  At check-in, could they assign us a single bed since Priceline guarantees for two?

From a safety perspective the area is fine, just as safe as any other part of the city, imo. (and perhaps more so than many areas of the city)

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Even though you book a room with 2 beds, technically your reservation is still for double occupancy, although i will add that i don't know of anyone who has yet encountered an issue when showing up with triple/quad occupancy when the room is designed to handle that number of guests.  If this is your only concern then you can simply have one in your party go grab a cup of coffee (or stand on the street corner nearby) while two people go check-in with all of the luggage... after going to the room one (or both) guests who went to check-in leave to meet up with the 3rd guest (at which point you can go out for the day or return to the hotel and just walk-in heading straight to your room)

Your other option would be to use HOTWIRE and search for the actual number of guests you have, but expect the price to likely to increase since rooms with two beds in NYC are often considered an upgrade and cost more than 'standard' rooms.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide or how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and it offered the two beds you need for this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Do try Ess-A-Bagel... it's worth the trip!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]