Priceline Hotel: London, 2 adults, 2 kids

ottarv
By ottarv,
in

Hi,

we're a family of four, kids are 2 and 9, traveling to London from July 26th until July 29th. We're looking at 4-5* hotels in central London (zone 1 basically).

What I'm wondering is if I bid a low bid for 5 star hotel just for the sake of it, are there examples of people having such bids accepted?

Also we'd like to pay around 80-120USD before tax for a 4-5* hotel in that area.

I know of the double occupancy with Priceline but if it's possible to secure a good deal I'd be open to look into that.

All help is appreciated as I'm trying this for the first time.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Please confirm which zones would be acceptable by name - I'm seeing zone #1 as Arsenal Football Stadium - Finsbury Park, which only has up to 3*.

PRICELINE bidding only offers double occupancy, which can definitely be an issue in London, where rooms can be quite small at times. $120 is unlikely for a 4.5-5*, but a 4* may be possible, depending on which zones would be acceptable.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi AaronJB

thanks for the reply!

Our preference would be the following 

- Bloomsbury - Marble Arch...

- Chelsea

- East London - Islington...

- Hammersmith

- Kensington

- Knightsbridge

- Maida Vale

- Mayfair

- Notting Hill

- Regents Park - Baket Street...

- Southwark

- The City - Tower Bridge...

- Westminster

kind regards,

I would NOT recommend bidding for this stay as you need quad occupancy, and as you are aware, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy.  You might want to explore such an approach if bidding an area such as Orlando which is family friendly, rooms are often large, and where hotels have a high percentage of rooms that can accommodate quad occupancy... London is the exact opposite, with standard rooms being small and a high percentage of rooms with only one bed.

Your best options in this situation would be:
PRICELINE EXPRESS - if you can find a hotel that offers a Bed Choice and where one of the choices offered is a room that has 2 beds and can acocmmodate 4 guests (technically your room is only booked for double occupancy, but i have not yet heard of anyone having an issue showing up with more than double occupancy when the room type booked was one that was designed to accommodate triple/quad occupancy).  So still a risk involved, but a much smaller risk than the approach you intended on taking by bidding on PRICELINE

HOTWIRE - you can search for up to quad occupancy and HOTWIRE guarantees that the room will accommodate everyone that you include in your search.  With the same caveats as above with PRICELINE EXPRESS, you could also try searching for double occupancy and choosing a room that shows a Bed Choice option where one of the choices is a room with 2 beds (or one bed + pullout sofabed)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]