Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown Los Angeles) The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites, Los Angeles

BitterBrian
By BitterBrian,
in

Need help finding a 4-star hotel in DTLA for 1 night on Friday 6/30. Started at $90 and increased in $5 increments but got denied at $125 with 7 free rebids. 4-star Express Deal going for $149 which I'm assuming is either Bonaventure or Omni (Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Indoor or Outdoor Swimming Pool). Bonaventure web rate is $269 and Omni is $359.

Thanks in advance! 

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page below.)

4* Downtown Los Angeles for $149
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>Guess would be the Westin

If the 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS is at $149 and your last failed bid was $125, you're likely not very far off. I would continue higher by $3's.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

@AaronJB thanks for the welcome! It's nice to have a bidding forum that's active.

One question I have regarding PRICELINE EXPRESS vs. Bidding, are the fees excluded on PRICELINE EXPRESS like they are on Bidding? For example, you win a bid of $130 but there's $50 in taxes & fees. When you accept a PRICELINE EXPRESS at $150, are taxes & fees included or added after?

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm just trying to calculate what would be the max bid I should offer. 

Also does timing still matter? I would usually wait until 3 days before check-in but finding this forum got me excited and pulled the bidding trigger early.

IMHO, PL has definitely made it more complex or less likely to win low-ball bids. I do miss the days of $50 4-star winning bids!  

Started 2nd day of bidding at $128 in $2 increments. Won at $136.

Room subtotal:$136.00

Taxes & fees:$29.75

Total charged today:$165.75

Thankful for site!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Rates displayed for PRICELINE EXPRESS offers, just like PRICELINE bids, are for room rate only... fees/taxes are added to this amount.

To make your comparison easy, if you haven't seen it yet, try a search using our BiddingHelper.com tool which has lots of built in features:

-a PRICELINE EXPRESS tab (and HOTWIRE tab) to view prices thru each of those services to help determine your bid amount, as well as a PRICELINE bidding tab so you don't have to start a new search once you're ready to bid (you can also easily click on any offers to see the total 'all-in' price and then jump to the priceline bidding tab to place your bid

-also within the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW TAB and the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab you will see a button "IS THIS A GOOD PRICE"... clicking this will show you regular rates for hotels of this star rating in the area, which can also help in determining a maximum bid amount

We also have our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps features.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your upcoming stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]