Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown East) Intercontinental New York Barclay

shpedly
By shpedly,
in

Pulled this for a stay 8/19-8/22. 2 adults

business ctr, fitness ctr, internet access, restaurant, self service laundry, smoke free rooms, accessible for visually impaired, accessible for hearing impaired, accessible path of travel.  Offers bed choice. When choosing choice, the fee total adds a resort fee to be paid at time of stay. 

Can choose king bed

$162/night

Additional resort fee $81.66

Lotte Palace?

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? (and please copy/paste directly from the EASY VIEW tab)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If I go bidding helper on the easy view tab, I do not see the same pricing?

I see one for $160 with these amenities:

Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Clicking on it, it does say that it will charge a resort fee (which adds up to $81.66), but does not offer the bed choice that way....Its important to us to get a king bed

Mentioned others had gotten the Warwick

You can flip/flop between the regular HOTWIRE tab and the EASY VIEW tab to compare various aspects of the hotel to confirm you're seeing the same property:

% recommendation

Overall satisfaction

Condition of hotel

Quality of service

Room comfort

Room cleanliness

Location of hotel

etc, etc, etc

However, the EASY VIEW doesn't offer a bed choice, so you will need to use the EASY VIEW to confirm the full amenity set, but can purchase in the regular HOTWIRE tab if you need to choose a bed choice option (if shown).

For this HOTWIRE offer:

4.5* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $160.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> if this is what you're seeing, the Warwick New York would be the best guess for this offer

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll also note I'm seeing:

4.5* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $134.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Would be a possible match for the Westin Grand Central. I'm also seeing a 1 King Bed bed choice as an option on that listing.

If its warwick, I will probably pass, I can book similar rate direct...

Wish I had seen the MidTown East post, I would have probably tried that, don't see it now :( Would have been fine with Westin (or 4.5 star) at that price.

I have time so will keep an eye out for it again.

3 hours ago, shpedly said:

Wish I had seen the MidTown East post

On the top right corner of this thread you will find a button that you can click to FOLLOW this thread... you will then be alerted to any replies which will ensure that you don't miss any posts.

I'm very familiar with NYC, what is it that you are looking for in a hotel and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Big thing is bed choice for a King (which kind of bumps me out of naming my price on Priceline). Prefer close to subway, somewhere in Grand Central, Rockefeller Center, or Central Park South area. Daughter lives on Upper East side, so convenient to the 4 5 6 or the new part of the Q line.

Feel like quality is best at a minimum 4 star hotel. We stayed at Grand Hyatt Grand Central and loved the convenience of the subway as well as the marketplace there. Rooms are decent there too. I have a back up ressie there that is cancellable within 48 hours, but would prefer not to pay their rate currently at $223 for average on the 3 nights. Weekend nights cheaper, goes up on Monday, of course, for the business travelers.

Have done hotwire last fall and gotten Millenium Hilton in Wall street, and the hotel was totally fine, got a great view of Brooklyn and a king bed, but just too far from Upper East Side this go round. Ended up with long times on subway or expensive Uber rides when to lazy for subway. I noticed Wall street area tends to be cheaper on hotwire on average.

Would like similar to Grand Hyatt or better  maybe below $150-$160 (but don't want the trap of a "resort" fee that bumps it up near $200 before taxes such as the presumed Warwick at the start of this post.)

If that is unrealistic, let me know.

There are currently offers that are within your budget... but not with a King bed.

You may be able to do something with a Queen bed, but at least at the moment a King bed is going to put you closer to the $200/mark.

I will add that while i understand why the Grand Hyatt may work well for your plans (and you like the market inside Grand Central), the Warwick gets substantially higher reviews (and an additional half star rating).

Let us know what you ultimately decide for this trip, if you see any offers within your budget that offer a King bed, or if you decide that a Queen bed is sufficient.

Good luck!

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the landing page after clicking the link below.)

4* Empire State Building Area for $136 ($171/nite for King bed)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be 70 Park Avenue. There's a king bed option for $171 and you can use the coupon code in my signature.

Not quite where you were looking for in terms of location, but a King Bed for under $175 and listing has an 8+ rating.

• 1 month later...

Finally got a great rate and am thrilled to get this recently renovated hotel with a quick walk to subway line 6. Used the better BiddingHelper.com quick quote tool and purchased through it on the full HOTWIRE tab. Offered bed choice so was able to choose a king bed, which was a requirement for my husband and I.  Hoped I would get this as the previous poster had gotten it yesterday.

AND I got to use the promo code listed on better bidding of 12OFFSUMMER so essentially got the room for $142!! :) Thanks Better Bidding!!

Amenities listed: Bed Choice

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Children's activities

Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to give an update after our trip. Hotel was perfect. Room was extremely clean and well appointed, with attention to detail. You can tell it was recently renovated. Lobby beautiful. Decent size room for NYC. Service was wonderful, housekeeping attentive. Everyone super nice and willing to ensure you enjoy your stay. There is a nice, spacious grocery right across the street from the front door on the corner. Perfect to get drinks, coffee, and snacks so you don't have to break into the minibar. Close to subway.  Anyone should be thrilled to get this hotel. I would stay here on every visit, it is that good.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]