Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square North) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

kgeaton
By kgeaton,
in

4-star Hotel in Times Square North area

$159 / night

1 Room, 2 Adults, 0 Children

2 double beds Your room type is guaranteed.

Sat, Oct 28 - Wed, Nov 01

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Children's activities

My best guess on this based on the hotel list is Sheraton New York Times Square.  Any thoughts and does that seem like a great deal?

From the Hotwire Hotel List the above does match previous reports for the Sheraton New York so that would be my best guess as well.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm Thrilled about this win and I did shop through the HOTWIRE link posted here.  Thanks so much for the help and insight.

Amenities

Business centerChildren's activitiesFitness centerInternet accessPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free roomsSpa services

85% recommended 

• 1 month later...

When we booked in June through Hotwire, it was for only two people.  Bed Choice of two beds was guaranteed and the room occupancy maximum is 4.  Since booking, my niece has decided to join our trip.  When I looked on their help site, it said that you can add a guest but not change the guest name, which is exactly what I need to do.  However, when I emailed Hotwire, I got a canned response saying that reservations couldn't be changed.

Thoughts or suggestions? 

2 hours ago, kgeaton said:

Bed Choice of two beds was guaranteed

If i understand you correctly you chose a specific room type that has two beds in it? 

If so, and you're comfortable with the current room type for the four of you, i would just keep the existing room as-is and only have two people go to the front desk at check-in (the other one/two can just grab a seat in the lobby or there is seating in the bar area just to the left when you enter the hotel).  If for any reason you're only given a room with one bed at check-in i would make it a point that your reservation indicates two beds guaranteed (assuming of course that is indeed what it states) and just let them know that you need two beds (because of course your spouse snores, rolls over in the middle of the nite, kicks in their sleep, or whatever you think will get a laugh from the front desk clerk)... then just gather the other(s) waiting elsewhere in the lobby and head up to your room.

On the other hand if you think you need more space you could call the hotel and mention that "another family member" may want to come, would it be OK if they came along in the room currently assigned and/or what options would there be for a paid upgrade to a larger room.

Let us know how you decide to play it or let us know how we can be of further help if you decide you would like to book another room.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]