Hotwire Hotel: New York City Hotel HELP!

Suzy S
By Suzy S,
in

Hi! Looking for help on identifying what hotel this could be through HOTWIRE.

*Star Rating is 5 but only 70% recommended it says.

*New York City- Central Park South

*Travel dates- Sept 19-Sept 23

*Room Rate- $367 (plus $27 resort fee per night) (Usually $1132 per night)

*Amenities listed: business center, children's activities, fitness center, internet access, pet friendly, restaurant(s), smoke free room. 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!! : )

Welcome to Betterbidding!

I'm seeing:

5* Central Park South for $389.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  Guess would be the Viceroy.

Would this potential property be of interest? If not, let us know more about what you are looking for and we would be happy to research and offer other suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Oh thank you so much! I've never done this type of booking before! This site is awesome and I so appreciate the resource! I have been also looking at Priceline as well. Wondering if I should try the bidding option? I am looking to spend between $250 up to $350ish per night. I am wanting to stay close to Central Park/Midtown area. Doesn't matter East or West side! I have been looking this morning but if you have any suggestions I would love them!!

You can definitely go the bidding route, although you have to be willing to accept any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone chosen. Which zones would be acceptable (in other words, you would be okay with staying potentially anywhere within the zone area)? Would a 4.5* be acceptable or are you primarily looking at the 5*level?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

4.5 would be totally fine! Also would be willing to do a 4* with a high recommendation percentage as well! Would love Central Park area or Midtown (west or east) Open to Soho/Tribeca. Just trying to avoid Times Square/Theatre District congestion!! Any help would be appreciated! I'm open to Hotwire or Priceline! 

Ok! Need help identifying!! 

Found a 4.5* Rockefeller Center/Bryant Park area hotel on Priceline Express Deals. Ratings 9+/10. Travel dates 9/19-9/23 rate is $358 per night. Business center, Restaurant, Free Internet, Non-smoking. Any clue what this hotel could be!? TIA!

Ok so sorry last one! I have been trying to do my own research off the forums and hotel lists provided here! I found off Priceline Express Deals a 4* Central Park South for $270 a night for queen room. Can upgrade to deluxe and suite for extra costs upon picking bed. (Travel dates the same 9/19-9/23.)

-pets allowed, free internet, restaurant and non-smoking. 

Could this be the Moderne Hotel? 

If any of the Priceline express deals are the Hilton Midtown on 6th Ave I would also be up for booking that through your site! Trying to research if one could be I believe it would be considered 4* but you would know better than me!! Thanks again! Sorry to blow this thread up! Just need to book in the next day or 2 and will do through your website link!

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $358
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Bryant Park Hotel

4* Central Park South for $270
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Guess would be Dream Midtown.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing what looks to be the Hilton for these dates - HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS offer a limited amount of options at each star rating in each zone for each set of dates. Would any of the above options be of interest? If not, please let us know more about what you are looking for (style, etc) and we would be happy to research and offer other suggestions. 

Additionally, definitely do remember to use the coupon code for PRICELINE EXPRESS in my signature.

Thank you, Thank you for all your help! 

I am leaning toward the Bryant Park one. But just wanted to check two last options I saw. Both are Priceline express. 9/19-9/23 again.

One is 4.5* Midtown East. $363 per night with business center, restaurant, shuttle, gym/spa, internet, non smoking. Bed choice available. 8+ rating. 

The other is Midtown West-Hells Kitchen.  

$354 per night. Pet friendly, restaurant, non smoking. Bed choice available. 8+ rating.

Thanks so much again! Will recommend to others for sure!

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Midtown East for $363
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>The San Carlos would be a maybe in this case.

4.5* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen for $354
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
>>>Ink48 would be my guess.

4.5* Empire State Building Area for $356
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>Gansevoort Park Avenue would be a guess.

4.5* Chelsea Area for $309
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>A guess would be InnSide New York Nomad.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Recommending the site to others is greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

I'm very familiar with NYC, if you let us know what needs/aspects are most important to your group we will try to help you find the best option(s) that meet your criteria.

What is it about any of the hotels above that makes them not a good option for your group?

How many rooms/adults/children do you need accommodations for?

What is the real budget (per nite before fees/taxes)... is nearly $400/nite a realistic option for everyone in your group?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you! Traveling with one person who is a little particular. We have 3 guests total so only one room is needed. Was hoping centrally located but a little away from Times Square. Also open to Soho area. Would prefer to not go above $400 per night if possible! Looking for clean and not a super loud hotel. Doesn't have to be overly luxurious. Thanks for any suggestions! As you can tell I'm slightly overwhelmed by all the choices and reading reviews!  Would appreciate your recommendations as you know the area better than me!

34 minutes ago, Suzy S said:

We have 3 guests total so only one room is needed.

Are you including 3adults in your search as based upon the prices you have posted i think you may only be searching for 2adults?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you let us know more about your likes/dislikes of the properties above (and why you didn't go with any of the above) we will be in a better position to understand the type of hotel that you're looking for and what might work best for your plans.

So how about:

4.5* HOTWIRE SoHo - Tribeca for $251.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> likely the NoMo SoHo, assuming correct you're wtihin 2 blocks of two major subway stations (Canal St: N,Q,R,W and Canal St: 4,6)... although i've never stayed here personally, looks like best value/bang for your buck given that the next 4.5* or better hotel is over $100/nite more (and once you start getting into the $350+ area for a hotel, as many of the previous hotels are, you to the point where it's really hard for the hotel to meet a guests' expectations given the high price point)

Thoughts on this one... would this work for your needs?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]