Priceline Hotel: 5* Barcelona

SeBad
By SeBad,
in

First of all, I'd like to say how awesome this website is. Thanks to whomever is running it and supporting it!

So about the trip now. I am planning a trip with my GF and a friend. Where we will need two rooms. We would want the following:

1. 5 star hotel
  2. Barcelona
    1. La Rambla
    2. Port Olympic
    3. Old Town - El Born
  3. Travelling between July 19th to July 24th
  4. Willing to pay up to 150 dollars a night per room
  5. Two rooms
  6. No specific amenities because 5 starts usually have it all :P

It is June 16th now, a month prior to the trip. I have tried multiple strategies by choosing one zone, star, price (70% discount) then increase the zones. Then I would restart with a higher bid going up to 150 dollars a night (40% discount).

Does this strategy work? Also when would be the best time to bid? Also is my max bidding price to low (median price for area $250)? Would it be better to split the trip up into two and possibly change hotels mid stay?

Would really appreciate the help!

As i just mentioned in my reply to your previous thread, the 'median' price shown by PRICELINE is not really an accurate number.

My guess is that you will likely need to be around $200+ to be successful for a 5* hotel in one of the zones above based upon current rates.  Please confirm your maximum bid amount and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]