Priceline Hotel: 4* Hotel Universal Orlando Resort Area

Ali M.
By Ali M.,
in

I am hoping to book the Loews Portofino Bay resort in Orlando for a one night stay either the 24th or 26th of June through PRICELINE bidding. I know it is located in the Universal Orlando Resort Area and thought it was the only 4* hotel in that specific area. Recently it looks like the Doubletree Hotel At The Entrance To Universal was bumped up from a 3.5 * to a 4* on Priceline. Currently the rate for the Doubletree one Priceline is $112. I was going to start  bidding at $150 for Portofino Bay, but am afraid I will get stuck with the Doubletree. Can Priceline do that even though that rate is $38 more than their regular published rate? I definitely do not want to overpay and don't want to stay at the Doubletree.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

There is no way to bid on a particular property - you have to be willing to stay at any hotel at the zone picked  at the star rating chosen and there are at least a few properties at the 4* level in this zone. You can bid significantly more than the Doubletree and there is still the possibility you may get it; if you overpaid you would then do the best price guarantee (but still have to stay at whatever hotel you got.) Is the Portofino Bay the only property of interest?Unfortunately, I'm seeing the full price for that property on both the 24th and 26th at over $500. 

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE for the 26th:

4* Universal Orlando Resort for $186.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  Guess would be the Loews Sapphire Bay 

Would this property be of any interest? 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I am looking to stay at one of the three Universal Deluxe hotels (Portofino Bay, Royal Pacific, or Hard Rock) because they include Universal Express Passes. It looked like searching in the Universal Orlando Resort area gave me the best chance of getting one of those hotels.

Since there is no way to target (or avoid) a specific hotel when bidding on PRICELINE, does the HOTWIRE option above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]