Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square North) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

light_travel
By light_travel,
in

It's been a while for me using priceline/hotwire, but i was looking at booking a hotel August 17 thru to the 21st.  My largest hurdle is that i require 2 beds for this trip and i'm looking for suggestions since i don't believe you can request this through the bidding process and i don't really want to risk not getting 2 beds.  I guess i'm looking for suggestions, i know that hotwire has choose your bed type, does Priceline offer anything like that, for name your own price or expresss deals?

TIA

You have a few options:

-find a HOTWIRE hotel that offers a Bed Choice with one of the options being 2 beds in the room

-find a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer that offers a Bed Choice with one of the options being 2 beds in the room

-search HOTWIRE for 2adults/1child...while this may get you a room with 2 beds, HOTWIRE does guarantee sleeping accommodations for everyone you in include in yoursearch, so the very least it would include a pullout sofabed or rollaway brought into the room (and if you find something of interest this way i would even take it a step further and search for 2adults/2children and if the same offer is shown and for the same price then book it this way as it would slightly increase the chance of 2 beds vs. a sofabed/rollaway)... you would have to decide if the possibility of a rollaway/sofabed would be OK for your needs or not

Let us know your thoughts as to whether or not the sofabed/rollaway is an option, as well as more about your needs for this trip (acceptable zones, minimum star rating, desired budget (per nite before fees/taxes), etc. and we will have a look and offer some suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think preference would be 2 double beds, we are looking on the island most areas with exception to china town, and lower east side, basically upper west and east down to financial district.  A 4* is preference with desired budget would be around 150 but could go to 185-190.  Don't really want to exceed $200 including all the fees.

options 1 and 2 are difficult and time consuming to navigate through so i'm going to try option 3 by adding the child and see what i get.

if you have any other suggestions based on this info i'm open.

Thanks,

Hey thereuare, the advice paid off, Thanks again!!!

i used HOTWIRE to book a hotel, using your link and the extra 10 bucks!

you will probably want to move this thread over there now

i searched using 2 adults and 1 child to easily find locations with 2 beds :)  

Landed the 4* Sheraton New York Hotel times square north for 149 per night, with fees and taxes it comes to 193 per night.

I've stayed there before it's an amazing location, it was a little dated but location was amazing. happy with the results

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see we would help and that you were able to find a hotel within your budget and that ensured you had 2 beds in the room.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property, including any 'accessible' amenities, when viewing this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great time in NYC!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It had an 85% recommended on the reviews and the amenities were:

Business center

Children's activities

Fitness center

Internet access

Pet friendly

Restaurant(s)

Self-service laundry

Smoke-free rooms

Spa services

I didn’t see any accessibility information posted, It was an easy match knowing it was the Sheraton based on the hotel lists posted in the help sections.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]