Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (La Jolla) Inn by The Sea La Jolla

Arizona
By Arizona,
in

Please help me identify or get an idea of which hotels could be the following.

I'm looking into the Hotwire Hot Rate Hotels in the Mission Bay Area and the La Jolla California area (see below). Can you please tell me what hotels fall into this category that are similar or which one it could be? I'm having a difficult time narrowing it down/finding them.  Thank you in advance for any information you provide.

1) La Jolla.

Hot Rate Hotel rated 2.5-stars for $134 a night in the La Jolla area

June 14-16, for 2 rooms (4 adults, 3 kids).

90% Recommended on Hotwire (10 total reviews)

4 out of 5 on Trip Advisor (501 - 1000 reviews)

This includes:

Complimentary

Free Internet

Business center

Golf nearby

Near beach

Pool(s)

Self-service laundry

Smoke-free rooms

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Choose your bed type

2.) 2.5-star Boutique Hotel in La Jolla area, $198

Wed, Jun 14 - Fri, Jun 16  2 Rooms,  4 Adults,  3 Children

Hotwire 75% recommended (5 reviews)

Trip Advisor (501 - 1000 reviews) 3.5 out of 5

Complimentary

Free breakfast

Amenities

Boutique hotel

Business center

Internet access

Near beachPool(s)

Self-service laundry

Smoke-free rooms

3.) Mission Bay.  

3-star Hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay area

Wed, Jun 14 - Fri, Jun 16  2 Rooms,  4 Adults,  3 Children

Hotwire 80% recommended Good (106 reviews)

Trip Advisor 4 out of 5, (301 - 500 reviews)

Complimentary

Free breakfast

Free Internet

Free parking

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerPet friendlyPool(s)

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Location 3.5

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for each of the above:

2.5* La Jolla for $127.00
Free Internet
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Pool
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> Inn by the Sea would be my best guess for this one

2.5-star Boutique Hotel in La Jolla area, $198

WHY??  What could this be that you would want to pay $65/nite more than the same star rating as above where this one has a lower TA rating and a lower rating by previous HOTWIRE guests?  If you're willing to pay up to $198/nite then why not upgrade your star rating for less money with this HOTWIRE offer:

4* HOTWIRE La Jolla for $178.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> which has a 90% recommended rating by previous HOTWIRE guests and a 4.5/5.0 TA rating... the Grande Colonial La Jolla would be my best guess for this one

3* SeaWorld - Mission Bay for $130.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Pool
Business
Blind Accessible
==> La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the information.  I was researching available hotels in the Hot Rate category but I didn't notice matching 2.5 hotels with the listed criteria in the La Jolla area. I will check out BiddingHelper.com next time, thanks for the tip. 

Great question about the more expensive 2.5 hotel, the reason I was interested in the more expensive hotel, beside the free breakfast for 7, was that I was hoping to find out if it provided a better view or proximity to the ocean without the extra resort fee's and parking fees most higher rated hotels have.  I thought maybe the price reflected some hidden perk that would validate the price, but I wasn't willing to gamble it without knowing more about it.  I was also hoping to find a semi recently remodeled hotel with some what of an ocean view.  It seems pretty rare in La Jolla though. I really appreciate your help, thanks again!

I used HOTWIRE Hotrate and booked it.  You were correct, the cheaper 2.5 star hotel is indeed the Inn By The Inn by the Sea in La Jolla.  I want to note that I've noticed that on some other websites, including the hotel's website, this hotel is listed as a 3 star hotel. I was mislead at first by a few factors, one was a review that mentioned the couches by the pool for this hotel, but it is indeed The Inn by the Sea after all. Thank you again for your help!  I am including some more information about the hotel, for anyone inquiring, below.

The hotel's website, phone hold message and other hotel advertisements advertise all rooms having a view, I'm sure my room has a view, but it's not of the ocean.  The "view" is misleading, as all rooms having an ocean view, simply isn't true (maybe it is if you book directly through the hotel, or consider an area without the ocean, a view, but I'm not sure).  The hotel staff told me that since I purchased through a 3rd party, that essentially I would get the Standard Double Queen Room I had requested, which is on the first floor without a view.  The HotRate website did give me 2 bed choices, of only standard double queens or let the hotel pick for you.  We prefer double queens to make sure we have enough beds for everyone, so I chose that option out of the two, and given the amount of people we had, I was concerned the staff would be scrambling for beds for us otherwise, even though it does state that wouldn't happen, I opted for peace of mind.  

I was told I could upgrade to a room that was on a higher level with a view for about $30 more a night-we are staying two nights, so for a view, it would be $60 more bringing my total to roughly $384. for two nights or $192. a night with parking and a view for both nights.  It seems a little steep for a 2.5 star hotel, but I've noticed the prices in La Jolla seem to be higher than most other places. We are opting to go without the view for now.  

On the plus side, their website states that you have to request a refrigerator, but when I inquired, they said that has changed, and all rooms now have one.  They also have a restaurant at the hotel, so it might be an easy transition for breakfast.  La Jolla Cove is suppose to be an 8 minute walk away, and La Jolla Shores is a 29 minute walk away from the hotel.  The photos look nice and like the hotel has been renovated, so we are looking forward to that as well.   

The Inn by the Sea in La Jolla 

2.5* La Jolla for $127.00
Free Internet
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Pool
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel guessed and that you're pleased with the results.. we're happy to have helped.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]