Hotwire Hotel: 2* Portland (Meadows - Jantzen Beach - SW Vancouver) Rodeway Inn Portland - Jantzen Beach

VolFanInGa
By VolFanInGa,
in

Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Internet access

Was just seeking a clean place near PDX to crash after we land late on a Saturday.  

Not a huge fan of motels with outside facing doors, but the reviews were decent and all noted it was clean and remodeled recently.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear the reviews are good and that this property will work well for your needs (and budget) for the nite.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Upon further reading, the real reviews are telling a different story.  I've contacted Hotwire about the property being misrepresented on their hotrate site, and citing the property has over 1,000 Tripadvisor reviews and a 4/5 rating.  Reality is a 1/5 and mentions of drug activity in parking lot.  Not the "safe & clean" property Hotwire promised.  

I think you have a good case for a refund for this one since you can say you felt comfortable with an 'unknown' purchase based upon the 4.0/5.0 TA rating and the actual TA rating for this property is substantially lower.  When presenting your case remain level headed, remember that the person on the other end of the phone didn't make the mistake with the wrong TA rating, and i think this will be easily resolved/rectified.

Good luck and let us know how you make up and their resolution offered.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, after multiple phone calls, emails and tweets, I was able to get an exception and have this booking cancelled.  I had to agree to rebook with Hotwire and am now staying at the Shilo Inn by PDX for $40 more per night.  Lesson learned.  No more budget deal hunting on HOTWIRE :) 3.5* and up from now on. 

Sorry to hear it was a hassle getting this taken care of but that it's now resolved.

Can you please post the details of your replacement purchase (star rating, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates, and amenities HOTWIRE associates with this property) as a NEW TOPIC so others will be aware of it when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.  You can still view all of the details of this new purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS near the top right of their home page (and then clicking 'Trip Details' next to this purchase).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]