Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Phoenix (Tempe - ASU) Moxy Phoenix Tempe/Asu Area

veeRob
By veeRob,
in

Wow, I am stoked on this one. All last week this was $53/night, and I was pretty sure it would be the Moxy. Went to book it today and the price dropped to $43/night. This is for Saturday & Sunday on Memorial Day Weekend, too! Booked it and it indeed was the Moxy. Just what I wanted, and at an amazing price!

Amenities: Free parking, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Price summary

Room $86.00 ($43.00 per night x 2 nights x 1 room)

Taxes & fees $20.34

Trip total (USD) $106.34

Trip total per night (USD) $53.17

Congrats on your success.

Definitely a terrific deal for one of the first locations of this chain! Glad you are pleased with the deal and are excited about the stay.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches, as well as for letting us know about this new HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List. I believe there may have been more amenities then you included in your post, as HOTWIRE has a new interface that doesn't show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com.com tool.

Can you please add a reply to your thread confirming the amenities shown before your purchase (including any accessible amenities)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

I'm not sure why you couldn't use your own web site to pull up the amenities if YOU wanted that on YOUR board. But this one time, I'll do the extra work for YOU.

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

No way to 100% know this is the same hotel as I didn't start my booking with EASY VIEW TAB.

9 hours ago, veeRob said:

No way to 100% know this is the same hotel

Correct, which is why we asked that you get the full amenity set from your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of the HOTWIRE home page.

We try to ensure that our Hotel Lists are as accurate as possible and not subject to speculation which is why we don't just simply get it ourselves using EASY VIEW tab at BiddingHelper.com and assume we're seeing the same property.

Sometimes one hotel can differ from another by just one difference in an accessible amenity, which is why it's important for the entire community that the information be as thorough as possible, and i'm sure the additional information you just posted will help other users in the future.

Thank you for the follow-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities I listed in my first post are directly from my Hotwire account. You responded and asked me to use your tool. I am providing as much information as I can, but you're making it unclear what you want me to do. I'm trying to contribute to this site the same way I have done for years. Tell me specifically what else you'd like me to do and I'll do it. 

First, thank you for post(s) as we do appreciate everyone who contributes as this helps keep the information here fresh and benefits the entire community!

If you re-read the original reply AaronJB did mention getting the full amenity set from your account history (since it was after your purchase)... the mention of the EASY VIEW tab of the BiddingHelper.com tool was explaining why the complete amenity set may not have been seen prior to your purchase, and a suggestion to use the tool for future purchases.

The short answer:

The 'regular' HOTWIRE page only shows a limited number of amenities before any purchase.  After the purchase a longer (full) list of amenities is shown (although this longer list can easily be missed... see the longer answer below).

When using the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool, clicking the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button will give you the longer FULL list of amenities prior to your purchase (which help make it easier to research the hotel and/or take a guess as to what property is the underlying hotel)

The longer answer:

When viewing the purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link (and then clicking the Trip Details link next to any of your purchases) the 'regular' and the 'accessible' amenities are separated so it is easy to miss the accessible amenities if you're not looking for them, such as this example (your layout can look slightly different depending upon your browser, or sometimes even the regular amenities are icons and the accessible ones appear as text):

Amenities                               Free parking, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business

center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

Accessibility                          Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path

of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in

shower

... so you can see how it can be easy to miss the accessible amenities as they appear in a second grouping below the first.

As noted in my previous post, since some hotels can look very similar as others and may only differ by one amenity, we try our best to have the information here be as complete and thorough as possible.  If it was impossible to see the full amenity set prior to purchase it would indeed be a moot point, but as you can see the complete amenity set using our BiddingHelper.com tool, the complete set of amenities becomes more important.

We are aware that it is a fine line between being thorough and being a pain, and we do try to stay on the right side of that line, but hopefully the above explains why the 'deeper' set of amenities benefits the community as a whole.

If you would like to discuss further feel free to send me a PM and i will try to provide any further clarification.

Thanks again.:smile:

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since the category header is Amenities and you're asking for an entirely different section (called Accessibility), I suggest you ask for it that way in the future to avoid all this confusion. "Can you please add a reply to your thread confirming the amenities & accessibility shown..." The way you were describing it before this last post had me repeating steps I had already taken.

Glad we cleared it up now. Here are the amenities & accessibility sections for my confirmed hotel:

Amenities: Free parking, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Accessibility: Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]