Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Chicago Loop - Grant Park) Kimpton Gray Hotel

ArtfulDodger
By ArtfulDodger,
in

This is not a "win" for me as much as it is a tip (didn't know whether to post as just a topic or "win", so sorry if I broke etiquette). I booked this hotel for September 1st thru 3rd on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $158 a night. Not great, but better price for that hotel than HOTWIRE and the like. While I was checking for rates on the 3rd thru 5th, I now see the same hotel is going for $118 a night for the 3rd thru 5th (PRICELINE will always give a hint "you booked here before" and that is the only 4.5 start hotel I have booked in that zone with PE). This a great deal for this high end hotel for anyone wanting something on these dates. I almost wished I had waited now so I wouldn't have to switch hotels, but it still would have cost me about $75 more total than the Renaissance did for those two days.

If you want this one, look for PRICELINE EXPRESS deals in "Chicago Loop/Grant Park" for 9/3-9/5. It's the only 4.5 star one with a review score of 9+ as of today.

Amenities: 

Bed Choice

Business Center

Non Smoking

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Thank you for your post and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

As you never posted the original win for this property, we will use this thread to reflect your purchase here... now others will be aware of, and can benefit from it, when searching the topic titles on the board, our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, and our Priceline Maps.:wink:

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases (and share your wins as you receive them).

Enjoy your upcoming stay(s) and have fun in Chicago!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

47 minutes ago, thereuare said:

Thank you for your post and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

As you never posted the original win for this property, we will use this thread to reflect your purchase here... now others will be aware of, and can benefit from it, when searching the topic titles on the board, our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, and our Priceline Maps.:wink:

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases (and share your wins as you receive them).

Enjoy your upcoming stay(s) and have fun in Chicago!

Thanks, and to reiterate, the $118 is for 9/3 to 9/5 everyone. The PE deal for 9/1 to 9/3 is actually $152 as of now.

Yeah I agree, I checked and it's only a six minute Uber ride. I had to change hotels last year, really is not a big deal to save some money. Next week I have to transfer from Godfrey to Kinzie hotel as well (both very close to each other). Irony in this instance is had I waited until this week to book for next week, I would have gotten the Gray for $101 a night on Memorial Day weekend. Could have saved a hundred dollars even to boot. Probably should never check after booking so what I don't know won't hurt me! You can bet next year I will book airfare early and book the hotel late. Would've been much wiser in this instance. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]