Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park) The Roosevelt Hotel New York

hayleebugs
By hayleebugs,
in

Husband and I are going NYC June 13-June 18. We're looking for a hotel and we're pretty flexible on zone. BUT My preference would be: Times Square - Theatre District, Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park, or Central Park South. Husband is insisiting on a 4* or better (we're celebrating our 10 year annniversary) 

(Sidenote, there IS a 4* Express Deal in the Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park area for $160/night. When it adds the taxes and fees, it puts me at $994.95, before the 5% discount through this site's link. Question - Will I/Could I owe more hotel fees upon arrival? I don't love that kind of a risk.)

BIDDING HELP - I started bidding as follows :

$110 TSTD and RCBP zones 
$120 ADDED CPS
Waited for the next day
$135 TSTD RCBP
$137 added CPS

Here's where I'm at. Suggestions on how to land this thing!? I'm looking at some others' winning bids and I want to get a steal if possible. Thanks so much!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

PRICELINE (and HOTWIRE) have gotten pretty good about disclosing any additional fees imposed by hotels (but any fees that are shown are often not complete up to date and may be off by a couple of dollars... often times due to the fee changing and not being updated, sometimes the fee shown includes taxes and sometimes not, etc).  On the bidding side of PRICELINE if a fee is shown it is the 'worst case scenario' of the highest fee charged by a hotel of that star rating in the zone... if the hotel you ultimately win has a lower fee (or no fee at all) then no/lower fee is what would be charge by the hotel (just as with any other guest who booked 'conventionally' (and at full price))

You can use a better bidding strategy than you are... if you let us know your maximum bid for this stay we will suggest a strategy for you to follow (sticking with only the Times Square - Theatre District, Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park, or Central Park South zones unless you tell us to add any others).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Times Square, Rock Center, Central Park
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject or unsure).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey! Wondering if someone can help me put with rebid zones for nyc. 

I was given this as a guideline, but I'm paranoid I'll add a zone and end up far from where I want to be! Haha!

Select 4* Times Square, Rock Center, Central Park
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150

Please keep all posts for this stay in this thread...

If you're confused by the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained information start with this:

1) Use our BiddingHelper.com tool or go to the QUICK QUOTE search box on the top left of this page

2) after searching for 'New York City, NY' click the first zone in the list and then scroll down to see the highest star rating offered in this zone (and make note of it)

3) UNcheck the first zone, checkmark the 2nd zone, and record the highest star rating offered in this zone

4) repeat for all zones, making sure that only one zone is selected at a time when you view the highest star rating available

5) report your findings in a reply to this thread

YES!!! Ended up with a 4* accepted bid of $156/night at THE ROOSEVELT hotel. It looks awesome!! With taxes and fees, all in it came to $970. Conventional booking (through their site) was $1800!!!!! Dang! So excited. 

I essentially followed the rebidding layout above, but I can't remember for sure where I deviated. I don't know if there is a way to find the history? Of what I added and what I Bid?? I'd love to provide that, but may not be able to. ROUGHLY (not sure which bid I added which zone after the first 3... but they all were under 4* ratings, so I was guaranteed to stay in the first 3 areas that I wanted)

this is what I did:

Bid $110, Times Square
Bid $120, added South Central Park
Bid $125, Added Rock Center
Bid $130, Added Jamaica
Bid $135, Added Washington Heights
Bid $138,Added LaGuardia Airport
Bid $130, Added Kennedy Airport

Bid $143, Added Bronx
Bid $145, Added  Coney Island
Bid $148,Added Morningside Heights
Bid $150, Added Bayside
Bid $153, Added Elmhurst-Corona

Bid $156 Added Flushing-Whitestone - ACCEPTED.

I will add that although about a 10+ minute walk, you're not too far from my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers and would be worth a stop (at least for one day of your trip)

Have a great time in NYC (and congratulations on your first PRICELINE win :smile:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]