Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Norfolk - Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach Oceanfront North of Laskin) Belvedere Beach Resort

bassmanrl
By bassmanrl,
in

Hi my family and I are heading down to virginia beach for the week of 6/26/2017 thru 6/30/2017. I'm looking for a hotel thats beachfront and close to everything(boardwalk, restaraunts... etc). I found  a 3 star hotel for 201 per night. Any ideas which hotel this could be? We've never been to VB so I new to the area. Is it close to everything.

3-star Resort in Virginia Beach Oceanfront North area

Amenities:
Beachfront hotelFitness centerIndoor pool(s)Pool(s)ResortRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

Complimentary

Free Internet Free parking

There is another one I found but not sure how far away it is or if its walking distance from the beach, boardwalk, restaurants... etc. for $126.

3.5-star Hotel in Virginia Beach - Newtown - Centerville area

Complimentary

Free InternetFree parking

Amenities

Airport shuttle Business centerFitness center Near beach Pool(s)Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

thanks for your help

Richie

Please start by following-up your prior Chicago hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

For the HOTWIRE offers above I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Also, please indicate how many rooms/adults/children you are including in your search.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok. so this time I used the BiddingHelper.com tool.

The dates I'm looking at are 6/26/207 thru 6/30/2017. We are looking for 1 room for 4 adults. 

1. Virginia Beach Oceanfront North area - $199 a night 

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired,         Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

90% recommended.

2. Virginia Beach Oceanfront South area - $173 a night 

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room     accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

80% recommended.

3. Virginia Beach Oceanfront North area - $199 a night

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired,         Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

90% recommended

thanks

4 hours ago, thereuare said:

Please start by following-up your prior Chicago hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

2x

... then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing::

3* Virginia Beach Oceanfront North for $199.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  I'll guess Holiday Inn VA Beach-Oceanside or Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Va Beach Oceanfront.

3* Virginia Beach Oceanfront South for $153.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Beachfront
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the Ramada.

The third listing you note appears to be the same as the first. Just to confirm, did you mean to indicate a different listing?

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for the information. I'm looking into those and talking it over with my wife. Here are a few more since they changed a little this morning.

1. Virginia Beach Oceanfront North area - $ 194 - Hot Rate Condo 3 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Kitchenette

50% recommended - (yikes)

2. Virginia Beach Oceanfront North - $210 3 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired,        

Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

70% recommended 

3. Virginia Beach Oceanfront North of Laskin area - $156 2 1/2 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access

100% recommended (1 review)

4. Virginia Beach Oceanfront North area - $199 3 star

90% recommended

5. Virginia Beach Oceanfront South area $213 3 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

65% recommended

thanks again for all your help

Here are some from Priceline Express. Not sure whats the difference I was a little reluctant because they only show information based on double occupancy. Not sure if this would be a problem. In addition I've never used Priceline

1. Virginia Beach Area Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher) $196 3 star

Free Parking, Business Center, Restaurant, Free Internet, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

2. Virginia Beach Oceanfront Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher) - $208 3 1/2 star

Free Parking, Business Center, Restaurant, Free Internet, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Condo, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

3. Virginia Beach Oceanfront Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher) $206  3 star

Free Parking, Business Center, Free Internet, Free Breakfast, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

thanks again for all your help

bassmanrl,

While we're happy to help, researching hotels can be a time consuming process, even if each hotel only takes 3-5 minutes to research (and then longer to type a reply) we're looking at 30-45 minutes for your request above... are all of those hotels realistic possibilities?

Given the guessed 3* Holiday Inn at $199/nite with a 90% recommendation by previous HOTWIRE guests is acceptable, are you really going to consider hotels for the same price (or higher) and same star rating (or lower) that have 50% or 65% recommendations??

As for the PRICELINE EXPRESS properties none of these show a 'Bed Choice' that will ensure sleeping accommodations for all 4 members of your family, are you willing to take a risk that you should up at the hotel and have been assigned a room with only one bed? (this is something we should address before taking the time to research these properties)

Taking all of the above into consideration this makes this a more manageable list of realistic options, see our best guess and/or comments below:

1. Virginia Beach Oceanfront North area - $ 194 - Hot Rate Condo 3 star

==>    50% recommended

2.  3* Virginia Beach Oceanfront North for $210.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Beachfront
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Va Beach Oceanfront

3. 2.5* Virginia Beach Oceanfront North of Laskin for $156.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Belvedere Beach Resort 

4. Virginia Beach Oceanfront North area - $199 3 star

==> same property already asked and answered above in your original post

5. 3* Virginia Beach Oceanfront South for $210.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> with other options at this price or less i don't think a 65% recommended hotel is going to be one that you likely choose, but my guess here would be the Four Points By Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront if this should be of more interest to you than the others for some reason

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been procrastinating a little bit :( It looks like prices have been going up so I thought I should hurry up and get our hotel. The dates are still from 6/26/2017-6/29/2017. 1 room 4 adults. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1. 75% Virginia Beach Oceanfront North - $209 3 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Kitchenette, Spa services

2. 80% Virginia Beach Oceanfront South - $188 3 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3. 90% Virginia Beach Oceanfront North - $244 3 star - I'm guessing this is probably the same as above "Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Va Beach Oceanfront" (previously $210) ????

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

thanks in advance

Before asking for help please wait until your plans are firm and you're ready to make a purchase as you can see many of the original offers have changed (and your dates have changed, which will also likely change many of the previous results researched).

This is what i'm seeing for the current HOTWIRE offers above:

3* Virginia Beach Oceanfront North for $209.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Spa
==> Ocean Sands Resort

3* Virginia Beach Oceanfront South for $188.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Beachfront
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront 

3* Virginia Beach Oceanfront North for $244.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Holiday Inn Oceanside- VA Beach

Thanks I understand where u are coming from. Something came up and I had no choice but to wait. It wasn't on purpose. 

I just have one more before I make my decision 

2.5 star $170 95%

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access

Virginia Beach Oceanfront North of Laskin

2.5* Virginia Beach Oceanfront North of Laskin for $156.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  A guess would be the Belvedere Beach Resort.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide.

I think $156 is when searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/0children... it's $170 when searching for 4adults.

Which offer is it that you're trying to book?

Are you able to see the deal thru this HOTWIRE link?

here's the message. It's odd 

We couldn't process your request

Thank you for visiting HOTWIRE. We're always working to improve our site. Occasionally, we reorganize our pages, and as a result, bookmarks you have set for our site may no longer be accurate. 

If you are attempting to use a password assistance link, please make sure that you have cut and pasted the entire URL that was provided in our email. This link also expires within 24 hours from the time it was sent to you, so if you need to request another one, please click on the "Password assistance" link below.

I know of one other user who was having a similar issue yesterday.

If you can see the same offer thru this HOTWIRE link i would take it, even if a few dollars more (as i suspect this property may no longer be available and HOTWIRE is therefore unable to process the transaction, but you're getting a general error message rather than one that is actually descriptive of the actual problem).

Have you maybe tried a different credit card OR used the PayPal option?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and were able to secure this deal... the hotel gets good reviews so better to not mess with this over a few dollars and have it disappear from the search results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]