Priceline Hotel: NYC Hotel Bidding Tips

Bidder91
By Bidder91,
in

My girlfriend and I would be visiting NYC from 16th-20th June (5D4N). We are looking at hotel with 4* and above preferably however are open to 3.5* depending on price. 

Zone: Times Square, Midtown East, Grand Central Terminal, Rockefeller Center, Central Park South, Empire State Building and Chelsea.

Per night rate: 150 - 180 USD inclusive of everything.

Would like to hear your advice on the bidding strategy or any express deal with good value. 

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would consider this property (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4* Empire State Building Area for $162
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Arlo Nomad which gets excellent reviews.  It is just over your budget on an all-in basis, but using the PRICELINE link and code in my signature gets it somewhat close

Let us know if you'd like to go for the above PRICELINE EXPRESS offer if try bidding for the other zones that you have listed and we will advise accordingly.  If you'd like to move forward by Name Your Own Price on PRICELINE, please confirm your maximum bid amount (before taxes/fees) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have decided to extend our stay from 15th to 20th. 

Arlo Nomad certainly looks like a good deal but I would stay there only if I can secure a sky view room. It seems like I would need to top up for that.

How likely it is for me to secure a better deal via bidding. My maximum bid amount would be 150 after accounting for taxes/fee. Would love to hear your thoughts.

2 hours ago, Bidder91 said:

My maximum bid amount would be 150 after accounting for taxes/fee.

On 5/2/2017 at 0:14 PM, thereuare said:

please confirm your maximum bid amount (before taxes/fees)

2x

Arlo Nomad certainly looks like a good deal but I would stay there only if I can secure a sky view room.

Well that does not seem likely given that your maximum bid is not even enough for a standard room, but if you intend to move forward by bidding on PRICELINE, it raises the question of what happens if you win this property by bidding on PRICELINE, since you would only want to stay there if you received a specific room type??

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My maximum bid amount would be 150 after accounting for taxes/fee.

On 5/2/2017 at 0:14 PM, thereuare said:

please confirm your maximum bid amount (before taxes/fees)

2x

Arlo Nomad certainly looks like a good deal but I would stay there only if I can secure a sky view room.

Well that does not seem likely given that your maximum bid is not even enough for a standard room, but if you intend to move forward by bidding on PRICELINE, it raises the question of what happens if you win this property by bidding on PRICELINE, since you would only want to stay there if you received a specific room type??

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]