Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Downtown - River North) Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza

Gregory Vacher
By Gregory Vacher,
in

Hello,

I am already sorry if I missed a topic regarding Bid tips.

I am looking for a 3* + hotel in the Chicago Millenium park area or magnificient mile (but I am worried to have an hotel too far on the north of the mile).

Currently, the price I found is 219 USD for a 3,5* in the magnificient mile (on hotwire).

It looks to be the doubletree.

Should I wait more time to find better price?

I am scared to wait too much and can't find an hotel at all in one this 2 area.

I read that there is a Restaurant Association conference at the time we will be in Chicago, do you know it would cause price not decreasing ?

Thank You

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The National Restaurant Association show is one of the largest conventions of the year in Chicago and does result traditionally in raised rates during the period (and then Spring traffic on top of that.) If traffic is as considerable as it has been during this period in prior years, I'd look for a good deal now. Please confirm which zones would be acceptable (anywhere in the zone). If you don't want to be too far North or too far South, I'd suggest instead looking on PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE to try to narrow down a particular hotel. What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you Aaron for your reply.

it is bad luck for our bad schedule.

I would like to not exceed 220 usd for a 3 star hotel in millennium ou magnificent mile because of the convention context.

I would have liked not to exceed 175 usd but it won't happen.

I found an HOTWIRE a deal for a 3.5 star in magnificent mile which looks like to be doubletree.

this hotel is well located.

should I go for it?

You didn't list the amenities and/or the room rate per nite of the 3.5* HOTWIRE offer so not sure which offer it is that you are referring to so we can't comment as to whether this one is likely the Doubletree or not.  If you think the Doulbetree would be of interest feel free to list the full details (from the EASY VIEW tab of BiddingHelper.com and clicking the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button next to the listing) and we will have a look.

I'm also seeing this property offered on HOTWIRE:

3.5* HOTWIRE River North for $202.00
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess here would be the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza

and this one too:

3.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $237.00
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> is this the one you thought was the Doubletree as that would be my best guess too

if you wanted to stretch just a bit further you could go substantially up in star rating:

4.5* HOTWIRE River North for $252.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> this matches previous reports for The James, but i believe this may actually be the Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, so either of these would be my best guess here

TWO MORE OPTIONS from PRICELINE EXPRESS (confirm your dates on the landing page of any provided links):

4* Chicago Loop - Grant Park for $253 (or $240/nite when using the link and code in my signature)
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Staypineapple at The Alise Chicago or a less likely, but still possible, Kimpton Hotel Allegro

4.5* Downtown - River North for $256 (or $243/nite when using the link and code in my signature)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Palomar or The James

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello

You guessed perfectly the deal I found on hotwire which is :

3.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $237.00
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> is this the one you thought was the Doubletree as that would be my best guess too : Yes you got it.

It looks to be located close from the pier, and the shops area of the mile.

Not too far from the Chicago river for the cruise.

The other deal you found which interests me a lot is this one :

Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower

Price is really close from my budget and the location is cool (night pictures could be really nice in front of the hotel !)

On priceline express deal I found this deal :

3.5-Star Express Deal Hotel 

Downtown - River North Area | #2 Neighborhood in Chicago - 204 USD per night

This is the amenities :

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

Can it be the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza?

Do you think I should still wait for a price decrease or book now?

With The NRA event I am unsure price will decrease.

I know it can be only a guess and nobody is able to anticipate price change.

Thank you so much for your help

As you mention nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, closer to your arrival... but the NRA is one of the largest (if not the largest) conventions of the year in Chicago.

Please first decide if you're ready to pay current prices for the hotels guessed above (as well as which would be your first choice) and we will then delve deeper for further confirmation, as there isn't really any point in researching further if you're not ready to move forward with a purchase at this point in time, as the offers and/or prices will likely change in the weeks ahead once you're ready to commit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will go further to book the hotel this evening.

And I will go for this hotel in Hotwire (except if I can find the same on priceline and may be able to use the 5% discount)

Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower

I don't want to take the risk to see the price increasing as 202 USD is already quite expensive for my purse :)

Thank you

Thru PRICELINE EXPRESS (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

3.5* Downtown - River North for $204
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza would be our best guess here

Let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

The Holiday Inn is a nice property; while it's towards the West edge of the board, the "L" train is right there and the unique nature of the hotel - it's on the upper half of the building - makes for a greater likelihood of city/river views.

The Doubletree is a somewhat better location, but personally - as someone familiar with the city - I'd rather save about $35, which can be put towards cabs/breakfast/etc. Chicago is not that big - it's a very walkable city and it's not that far a walk from the Holiday Inn to a lot of restaurants in River North.

Congrats on your success!

Very nice result for this property during a busy period and hope your wife will enjoy her 40th! Let us know if you have any Chicago questions.

Also, I'd suggest contacting this property before your stay and inquiring whether there's any way you could get a river view.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]