Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Brooklyn Downtown) New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge

Belen1
By Belen1,
in

What would be a good opening bid for a 4 Star hotel in downtown Brooklyn?  I am planning to do NYOP on Priceline.

Dates: 5/23 -5/24.  

Amenities: Non-smoking, Free wi-fi (Airport shuttle service to JFK would be great, but it is not a must have)

Thank you.

Note that when bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to guarantee a hotel that will offer any specific amenities, you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you decide to bid on.

Assuming you're willing to accept this condition, what would be your maximum bid price for this nite? (from there we can suggest a strategy that stays within your budget)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good morning.

I decided to try my hand at bidding for a downtown Brooklyn hotel (one night only 5/23) on Priceline using your website link and.....I Won!

First bid:   4* Hotel for $110 - bid rejected

Second bid: Added 3.5* Hotel to my bid and increased bid to $115.00

:biggrin:Winning Bid:  4* Hotel - New York Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge - $115.00 (plus taxes etc.)

Bid history for a downtown Brooklyn hotel (one night only 5/23) on Priceline using BetterBidding website link:

First bid:   4* Hotel, bid amount $110 - bid rejected

Second bid: Added 3.5* Hotel to my bid and increased bid amount to $115.00

:laugh::biggrin:Bid Accepted:  4* Hotel - New York Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge - $115.00 (plus taxes etc.)

For the future be careful lowering your star rating and increasing your bid at the same time, as it's one of the most common mistakes of 'newbies' as it can easily result in an overbid.

For example, let's assume the 'right' price for hotels in this zone were as follows:

4* $150

3.5* $80

Having bid as you did above you would have been awarded the 3.5* hotel at $115/nite even though it was available for substantially less, as you never gave yourself a chance to win it for less.

Fortunately the above was not an issue since you were upgraded on your 3.5* to your originally bid 4* hotel, but hopefully you can see how lowering your star rating while increasing your bid.

Any questions about any of the above feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]