Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast) Sheraton Grand Chicago

shar786
By shar786,
in

I am trying to book 2 hotel rooms for an upcoming trip from May 13 to May 15, 2017. I have narrowed down a list of hotels from Hotwire using the hot rate deals. Could you please advise on which hotels these could be?

4-star Boutique Hotel in Loop - Millennium Park area

90% recommended Favorite! (618 reviews)

Amenities

Boutique hotel Business center Fitness center Golf nearby Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

Price: $101 per night

4-star Hotel in Loop - Millennium Park area

95% recommended Amazing! (172 reviews)

Amenities

Boutique hotel Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s)

Price: $104 per night

75% recommended (164 reviews)

Amenities

Free Internet Boutique hotel Business center Fitness center Golf nearby Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

Price: $96 per night

4-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area

80% recommended Good (540 reviews)

Amenities

Free Internet Business center Fitness center Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

Price: $87 per night

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

Additionally, if you let us know more about what you are looking for (desired zones/budget/star rating and any other factors) we can instead research and make suggestions. I'm quite familiar with Chicago and would also be happy to answer any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Sorry about that. Below is the full list of amenities. It's my first time in Chicago. We are looking for at least a 4* hotel near Millennium Park or Magnificent Mile. I am open to suggestions on different areas, but I wanted to stay somewhere that is walking distance or a train away from all the attractions.  I would like to keep the budget to less than $130 per night.

90% recommended Favorite! (618 reviews)

Amenities

Boutique hotel Business center Fitness center Golf nearby Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

Price: $101 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4-star Hotel in Loop - Millennium Park area

95% recommended Amazing! (172 reviews)

Amenities

Boutique hotel Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s)

Price: $104 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

75% recommended (164 reviews)

Amenities

Free Internet Boutique hotel Business center Fitness center Golf nearby Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

Price: $96 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

4-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area

80% recommended Good (540 reviews)

Amenities

Free Internet Business center Fitness center Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

Price: $87 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

I'd really recommend staying around the river or North of it. Parts of the Loop - especially the West side of the area - can be very quiet at night and on weekends. It's not unusual to see things like Starbucks and McDonalds even closed on Sunday in parts of the Loop. Chicago is highly walkable; you're likely going to find that you don't need to use public transit as much as expected.

Some of what I'm seeing:

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below. You can also use the coupon code in my signature.)

4* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $103
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Sheraton.

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $127
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Fitness Center
>>>Guess would be the Fairmont, which is on the other side of the river from the Sheraton.

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $134
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>Guess would be the Hyatt Centric Mag Mile

HOTWIRE:

4.5* Riverwalk - North Loop for $123.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be Fairmont

4* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $87.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Whitehall would be my guess.

4.5* River North for $115.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Godfrey would be my guess. Aside from the bar with a retractable roof on the 4th floor, this is a very nice property in a prime location easy walking distance from tons of restaurants/nightlife in River North. Also, easy walk to Michigan Ave.

4* Loop - Millennium Park for $104.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  No guess, but strong 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page.

4* Loop - Millennium Park for $96.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  I'll guess the Club Quarters Loop.

4* River North for $113.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  The Dana has been seen with this amenity set. 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page.

Would any of the above be of interest? Let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

River North seems to be the sweet spot this season for best hotel/price and you can't beat the logistics.  It's a tight zone so you don't have to worry about getting too far inland or migrating out of walking distance as can happen with the Millenium zone.   We secured the Hyatt on Wacker today at $78/night this coming weekend using the River North zone, rated at 95% on Hotwire.     The options available on the Magnificent Mile are great, but you may encounter add-on fees that don't apply in other zones which may add $10-20/night over your nightly rate.

I'm particular about satisfaction rates with hotels in Chicago and would take a 3.5* at 90% over a 4* at 75%.   Chicago is a walkabout town and provides so much better dining and adventure out of the hotel so we find it's really a clean room and a quiet/comfortable night's sleep.

Congrats on your success.

I think that's a good choice - quite a reasonable rate, superb location (nice area - easy walk to Michigan Ave, easy walk to the lake and a nice newish Whole Foods a block away.) I would strongly suggest writing to request a room looking South. I don't think there are really lake views at this property after they wedged the new Loews hotel next door, but you could get river views. On the other side of the street from this property looking West is the NBC tower. You can cut through by walking along the river side of the tower and use that as a shortcut to get to Michigan Ave. Additionally, if you walk South on Columbus over the bridge, there is a staircase up on the other side. From there you can continue South on Columbus to Millennium Park. Please let me know if you have any city questions. 

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]