Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Navy Pier - Millennium Park) Hyatt Regency Chicago

justincaseunc
By justincaseunc,
in

Hello!  I'm hoping you can help me identify the following two hotels.  I want to be close to Millennium Park and relatively close to the El.  I used the Bidding Helper Easy View tab and came up with the following when requesting for 2 adults and 2 children:

4* Riverwalk-North Loop for $178

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4* Loop-Millennium Park - $184

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

My concern is that the Loop-Millennium Park zone goes pretty far south and I'd like to not end up that far away from the park itself.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

I just secured 4/28-5/1 through Hotwire's "Hot Rate" list and we're staying at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker for $78/night, less $20 coupon they emailed me today.   If you search the River North zone and see 95% Recommended, you can expect it's the Hyatt as others in the area are rating 90% or below.   

If you're interested in more details, earlier today I posted to this site about my (unsuccessful) Priceline bidding and Hotwire purchase.

The % approval rating has been seen to change from search-to-search at times and is not a reliable indicator. Unfortunately, these dates are on the expensive side - partly because of the busier Spring season, but I think the last night also may be a bit more expensive because the National Restaurant Association show starts on the 20th.

4* Riverwalk - North Loop for $178.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the Hyatt on Wacker.

There's really not that much going on later at night in a fair amount of the Loop, especially the West portion of the zone. I'd really recommend staying more along the river or North of the river. What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? Are you driving in or flying in?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks so much for your help.  We're flying in and will be coming in from Midway on the El.  We're going to be doing a lot of family stuff - Cubs game on Thursday, Navy Pier, the museum campus, etc.  I'm thinking Riverwalk will be a good relatively central area for most things (we're not really interested in the Magnificent Mile area and shopping with the kids).  

I was hoping to find something a little cheaper than the $180 range but also understand that it's a pricey time.  I don't think it's going to happen though so I'm leaning toward the one we think is the Hyatt - I've stayed there before and have been happy with it.  

This morning I'm seeing:

4* Riverwalk - North Loop for $128.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Likely the Hyatt.

So that would be a great deal.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Congrats on your success! 

Awesome win for this property during a busy time period! Definitely a nice price drop this morning and glad you were able to snag the lower price.

Please let us know if you have any Chicago city questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]