Madison Square Garden - Convention Area
Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen
Downtown - Wall St
Lower East Side - Chinatown
West Village - Meatpacking - NYU

or
4 Star
Downtown - Wall St

Do you think I have a chance to win with my bid? Nyc is very expensive on my date ...

I'm sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil, I'm not fluent in English.

Tks

Mateus

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Unfortunately, $140 isn't going to be realistic for these dates, as this is a busy time with nicer weather. You're probably looking at at least a bit over $200 for these dates and higher depending on what you're looking for - a 5* will likely take $300+. A 4* in Midtown will likely take $155-175 or higher.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Rates are date specific and i'm assuming when you saw the hotels you mention in the post above won they were for dates that were different than your own (and i'll further assuming that they may have been during Jan/Feb which is low season for NYC where as your dates are in mid-May which is high-season... or the wins above were for a solo Sunday nite (the slowest nite of the week for NYC hotels) where as you need an entire week stay)

For example for your dates the Gild Hall is sellling for $449/nite and while the Hotel Indigo Lower East Side is selling for less, it is still $346/nite, and you're not going to win these hotels for $140/nite when their retail prices are in the $300's and $400's.

Do you have any options that are within your current budget?  Are you able to increase your budget and/or lower your star rating?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing:

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $226
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Tryp Times Square South would be my guess

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $187
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>Wyndham New Yorker

HOTWIRE:

3.5* Times Square South for $192.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Holiday Inn TS

3.5* Times Square North for $193.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  I'll guess the Ameritania would be a possibility here.

Would any of these options be of interest?

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

You can also add to the above options (confirm your dates on the landing page of any provided links):

4* Chelsea Area for $216
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Hotel Hayden my best guess

4* HOTWIRE Lower East Side - East Village for $189.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're comparing the 3 star Hotel Edison New York City to the 4* (and higher) hotels originally requested above.

I think you have to decide if what you really want is the cheapest priced hotel possible... or if there is some value in a higher rated/better reviewed property for a little bit more. 

For example, while a 2* hotel at $150 with mediocre reviews may be a cheap price and a decent deal... a 4* hotel at $175 with excellent reviews would almost certainly be a better value.:wink:

Regardless, it sounds like no matter what deal you find right now you would like to wait a week, so let us know once you're ready to move forward and we will see what is available at that point in time.

Please don't post to search result pages as the links will expire and this thread will become less valuable to future readers who will not be able to reference the description of the hotels that you have asked about.

I believe these are the offers you previously linked to above (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided links):

3.5* Upper East Side for $191
Pets Allowed
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> not certain but a guess would be The Marmara Manhattan (although i don't think you would ideally want to stay this far north... not the most convenient for the typical tourist)

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $170
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The Gallivant Times Square would be my guess here

Let us know what you ultimately decide.

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... you won't necessarily receive the same hotel by bidding on PRICELINE that is currently offered on PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The Gallivant Times Square is a 3.5* hotel in the Theatre District so it is indeed possible that this is the hotel you will receive when bidding... on the otherhand there are plenty of other 3.5* hotels in this zone so it's also possible that you receive something else.

If you're looking for a percentage, as my previous statistics professor would say... it's either 0 or 1, you will receive the Gallivant Times Square or you won't; beyond that i can't put any percentage on it. 

If you want to try to target the Gallivant i would simply purchase it using PRICELINE EXPRESS, as bidding is typically only slightly cheaper, and with the board's current extra 5% off using PRICELINE EXPRESS, the differential is even less.

Hi, I'm checking an offer.
3.5-Star Express Deal Hotel
Times Square - Theater District Area
$ 130 / night total with fees: $ 1,232.96

Is this the Gallivant Times Square?

At the moment, I have a cancellation reservation at the Doubletree By Hilton New York Times Square West
Total fees: $ 1,742.37

Would it be a good exchange?

tkss

I'm seeing

(please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the landing page after clicking the link below.)

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $130
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>My guess would be the Gallivant. That property does get mixed reviews, but it is certainly a very good rate for this time period.

I'd rather suggest on HOTWIRE:

4* Theater District - Midtown West for $157.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Possible match for the Yotel. With the $20 off coupon, $1621 total so about $120 off your reservation. The Yotel gets 4.5/5 on the tripadvisor.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

4.5-Star Express Deal Hotel  
Madison Square Garden - Convention Area Area
$180/night

Business Center
 Restaurant
 Free Internet
 Fitness Center

Queen Bed - Nonsmoking Deluxe Room 
2 Queen Beds - Nonsmoking Premium Room
Nonsmoking Room

Is this TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South ?

:)

This morning I'm seeing:

4* Theater District - Midtown West for $191.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Yotel would be my guess still, but unfortunately price has gone up.

I'm not seeing the 3.5* Times Square PRICELINE EXPRESS listing.

Are you seeing any other listings of interest that fit your desired budget on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS? Any interest in the possible Yotel?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]