Priceline Hotel: NYC 4* From 5/10/2017 to 5/14/2017

mjturner
By mjturner,
in

I am booking a trip for my girlfriend and I from May 10th, 2017 through May 14th, 2017 as a graduation gift for her.  I have already screwed around with PRICELINE yesterday with some bidding and rebidding.

Trip dates: 5/10/17 to 5/14/17

Zones:   --> Times Square

--> Central Park South

--> Chelsea

--> SoHo

--> West Village 

My zones are not set in stone by any means. I just want to be in a trendier area where the two of us can walk around casually.

My room rate per night can go up to about $200 or about $1000 with everything included (taxes and fees)

I have already tried the name your own price tool for 4.5* hotels in those areas with the multiple bid advice I received from the other boards. So far I have bid from $120 all the way up to $155. I know I was being a little greedy with such a high star rating and such a low price.  I want to get back at it again with my rating at 4* in the same or different areas (based on your suggestions) while dropping my starting price to $110 this time. 

Any and all help would be appreciated including:  zones I should be bidding in

starting bid amount

any deals in regards to price at hotels so I don't have to bid 

Thank you!!!!!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Unfortunately, rates are definitely on the high side for this period. I do think that you could get something in the $200 or less range, although going slightly over that on PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE there are some nice options, including: 

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $208
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Tryp Times Square South

4.5* Chelsea Area for $201
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>INNside New York Nomad would be my guess

4.5* Chelsea Area for $201
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>Fitzpatrick Grand Central

4* Empire State Building Area for $199
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Shelburne or Marriott Vacation Club Pulse would be my guesses.

Would any of these be of interest, or did you want to try and bid? If you do bid, you have to be willing to accept any of the possibilities at the star rating picked in the zone/s chosen.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hey AaronJB, thank you for the quick reply. I would like to try two rounds of bidding before settling with the express deals. Any thoughts on which areas you would recommend and what my starting bid should be? (and what my bid increment should be?)  Thank you for the help. 

Before offering a bidding strategy we first need to confirm which zones would be acceptable to you.

The following are generally considered 'good' for the average tourist, while also keeping in mind your comment regarding 'trendy'...

Times Square - Theatre District  ==> although not really 'trendy' but centrally located and near subways stations to get you wherever you'd like to go
Midtown East    
Grand Central Terminal - UN    ==> although the some known hotels can be a bit far east and up to a 15 minute walk to the subway
Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park    
Madison Square Garden - Convention Area    ==> has the Wyndham New Yorker which gets some mixed reviews
Central Park South    
Empire State Building Area    
Lower East Side - Chinatown    
Chelsea Area    
SoHo - Tribeca    
West Village - Meatpacking - NYU    
Union Square - East Village    

Please confirm which of the zones above are acceptable and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is your maximum bid for a 4* or higher rated hotels... we will of course start lower, but at the moment i think you're likely looking at the $160-$180 to be successful for these dates.

Please confirm your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You won't need to go as high as $200 at this time...

When bidding 4* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* West Village, Union Square, Times Square, Rock Center, CPS, ESB, Lower East Side, Chelsea
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* West Village, Union Square, Times Square, Rock Center, CPS, ESB, Lower East Side, Soho
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Times Square, Rock Center, CPS, ESB, Lower East Side, Chelsea, Soho, West Village, Union Square
Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180

If the above is rejected then take this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4.5* Chelsea Area for $190
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this property would be the INNSIDE New York Nomad, and with the link in my signature below this comes to just a buck or two above your last failed $180 bid above

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject or unsure)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]