Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter) Ramada Gaslamp - Convention Center

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Pretty basic bid as had been looking for reasonable hotel decently located and sensed that rates might come down a bit.  But just wanted to get this out of the way (I'll hold my breath on the noise and maintenance issues folks have mentioned but heard this is an OK hotel if you take it for what it is).  Brians 24 (24 being 24-7 open) restaurant in lobby is killer, plus location is 1-2 block radius for most all transportation to everywhere (important for a 2-day trip).

Saw rates dropping slightly - PL had a members-only retail rate of $80 plus PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals showed $74 (dropped to $71) and Hotwire was in similar range.  Did free rebid (San Ysidro) to stay in 3+-star zone and was rejected at $67 last night, noticed Express Deals was $3 cheaper today, so began at $65 and accepted at $66.  

Maybe I could've waited it out for a nicer hotel but got it done :-).  Thought I'd share (and yes, I began the bid via BB PRICELINE link as I always do).

Congratulations on your success!

Nicely done!  Glad to see this will work out well for your needs and that you're happy with the outcome for the price paid.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]