Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

flip115
By flip115,
in

Hello,

I am looking for location and bidding strategy advice for downtown Chicago this  April 20-23, 2017. We will be flying in and will use public transit. We will be traveling with a 1 year old and would like to be relatively close to the tourist locations with a short bus/train/walk ride. I'd like to stick to a 4* or above hotel that will probably have a crib we can use during our stay. I'd like to stay south of 125$ per night. Any advice on location and bidding strategy is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-flip 

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Rates do get a little more expensive in the Spring, but I am seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS:

(please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $106
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>This would likely be the Intercontinental. That property is right on Michigan Ave and is in a very central location in the city as a whole. Easy walk from here to Navy Pier (Children's Museum) as well as easy accessibility to bus transit. Millennium Park is not a very far walk South. This listing is the best option that I'm seeing under $125, plus you can use the coupon in my signature.

Would this listing be of interest? Additionally, I'm very familiar with the city - let me know if you have any city questions at all.

If you want to bid, let us know and we can offer suggestions, but I will note that the potential Intercontinental is very central in the city as a whole and when bidding there's always the risk you may get something else.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you very much for the information!

I am trying to use the affiliate links but I am unable to change the currency to CAD to see the final price. Additionally I can't seem to use the BBSPRING code since the link redirects me to this page.

Do you suggest I try my luck on the bidding process to possibly save more money?

Here is what you can do in order to get the offer in CAD currency and still use the extra 5% PRICELINE EXPRESS purchases offered thru this website...

1) searching using our BiddingHelper.com tool

2) in the PRICELINE tab (not the Priceline Express tab) change the currency to CAD on the top right corner of the page

3) while still in this tab fine the following text near the top of the page:

Save up to 60% on a hotel in three easy steps.

You choose the price, area and star level. We'll find a quality name brand or independent hotel for you in seconds. All hotels are backed by our Best Price Guarantee.
OR - Book a hotel Express Deal to lock in BIG savings without bidding!

... and click the link (on that page, not in this post) "Book a hotel Express Deal"

4) the offers will then be in CAD currency and you can then complete your purchase

Or the much simply way would be to use the direct link in the previous post, see the total rate in USD, and enter into Google "$xx USD in CAD dollars" and you'll have your conversion provided at the top of the page.:wink:

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My apologies for the late reply as my itinerary changed. We are now going to Chicago April 22 to 25. Using the HOTWIRE link I was able to secure the Sofitel for 143CAD per night. A little more than I wanted but I read good things about this hotel.

HOTWIRE description was - 4.5-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this property and are pleased with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property, including any 'accessible' amenities, when viewing this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip and fun in Chicago.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]