Hotwire Hotel: traveling 13-15 april

Rose3
By Rose3,
in

Trying to find a hotel for 2 adults and 2 children in Manhattan for those dates, 3 stars and up. Can't find anything under $200 on hotwire but 1 hotel that doesn't look good (I know, it's difficult, but I see other people have found them).

I'd prefer HOTWIRE since I'd rather not have last minute problems with being 4..

I'd very much appreciate yr help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How old are your kids?  Would you be able to do two rooms if the total for both was under $200/nite... or would a room with 1bed/1sofabed be acceptable?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Although technically all PRICELINE reservations are only for double occupancy you may be able to use PRICELINE EXPRESS and choose a room type with two beds, as i don't know of anyone who has had an issue showing up with more than double occupancy when a specific bed choice was chosen via PRICELINE EXPRESS and that room is designed to accommodate the number of guests needed (so there is a slight risk, but you could also mitigate this risk by simply not having all 4 guests go to the desk at check-in).  You seem to be OK with a King only bed option as well, so i have listed some of these too, although a king bed is not designed to accommodate 4 people and would increase the chance of some type of 'issue'.

Our best guess for each is included inline below each offer... confirm the dates on the landing page of any provided links:

3* Central Park South for $165
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Wellington Hotel... has an option for 1King bed for $171/nite and 2Doubles for $229/nite

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $181
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> ONE UN New York offers 1King bed for $224/nite (NOTE: this property is about a 15 minute walk to the subway)

3.5* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen for $187
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> The Watson Hotel offers a King bed for $187/nite

5* Chelsea Area for $188
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> Kimpton Hotel Eventi offers a King bed for this price (hotel is very well reviewed)

Any HOTWIRE offers when searching for 2adults/2children have low customer recommendations numbers.

Could you make any of the offers above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you so much for your help. After this morning I didn't have proper internet connection until now. Last option sounded quite good but is no longer available. Ideally we'd prefer two double beds though. I'm not going to be able to have internet access as much as desired the next days, I wouldn't want to keep you busy for this to happen again. I will check things from the links on your website and if I manage to find something will post here. Thanks again

Please close this thread with whatever you end up doing for this trip (even if not PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, you cancel the trip, book a regular rate hotel, etc) as this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Sure. I ended up resorting to the back-up plan, a Navy Lodge in Staten Island. Would have prefered to be in the heart of New YOrk but I had limited internet access and the few times I could look I couldn't find anything worth the extra expense/effort/uncertainty. For what I saw, the deals just got progressively worse the 4 days before. We had previously booked the following night at the HIlton MIdtown (the 15th) so at least we had one night in the city.

Thanks so much for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]