Hotwire Hotel: I missed out on my preferred hotel, do I wait it out or just go for anything right now?

AlmondExtract
By AlmondExtract,
in

Hello all,

Firstly, I love this site as a resource as it has really helped me out over the years!

I am looking for an overnight stay in NYC from 5/5-5/6 and I had found (what i narrowed down to be) the Roxy in SOHO in my sights for the stay at a great rate. With the current hotwire promo, it was coming out to 199 for the night.  I saw that on the train, but planned to wait until I got home to pull the trigger. Fast forward to getting home and the price has jumped! I know that is typical, but I didn't know if anyone could recommend whether or not to wait for that hotel to come down or just to find something else. I was really set on that hotel or something of that ilk ( a hip boutique)  Any help is appreciated! 

Welcome to Betterbidding! 

Thanks for your compliments! :biggrin: Glad the site has been of help over the years - if you could post some of the wins you've had over the years it would be greatly appreciated, as the information helps others.

How much has the price jumped? What would be your desired budget per night? There is no way to know if rates will come down closer to the stay, although as demand has ramped up in the years post-2008, prices have often been seen trending higher and there's been less "last minute" deals.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

How about this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

4* Soho - Tribeca

Free Internet
Restaurant
No Smoking

==> best guess would be the Arlo Soho... would this work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- i'll reiterate the comments above that if you've been using the board over the years, it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins, so that others can gain insight from the information just as you have benefited from those who have posted before you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]