Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Hoboken - North Bergen) W Hoboken

jade miyuzaki
By jade miyuzaki,
in

Hi I am travelling with my family to New York check in April 13- April 16. I have never try priceline bidding before but I heard story, not quiet sure how it work. Preferably staying in the area of Grand central terminal, Rockefeller centre/ Bryant park, Central park south, midtown east, midtown west, empire state, area. Preferably 3,5 star or 4 ... how much should I bid for? is it possible to have something around 100-150? Please teach me 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

2 hours ago, jade miyuzaki said:

I am travelling with my family

To get started... how many rooms/adults/children do you need accommodations for?

I'm very familiar with NYC, do you have specific plans while in the city that makes the zones you listed above appealing to you, or do you just feel that they are centrally located? (for the most part they are centrally located, but by knowing more about your plans we can best offer other options that may also work for your needs... or suggest as to why one of the zones above may not be the best option)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have no specific plan for New York, My sister in law and her children are visiting New York will be staying at Central South Park Marriot Hotel, We will probably be driving from Ottawa for a few day visit. a parking spot will be highly appreciated but we do have to travel down to central area to hang out with my sister in law family. We are a couple with a 5 years old, we dont mind sharing one bed if needed. Thanks so much for your help :)

The date of we thinking will be April 13-16 ... they are there a bit longer but those are the days I have off :)

Parking will be separate from your purchase and you will pay the hotel directly... although you can probably find a garage on your own that offers parking for less than you will be charged by the hotel.

I'm seeing this HOTWIRE offer:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $157/nite with:

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

==> my best guess for this offer would be the New York Marriott East Side (not sure if this is the hotel your sister-in-law is staying at or if she is at the Marriott Essex House), but if you use the board HOTWIRE link you will see that it offers a Bed Choice and you can guarantee a King bed for this price, which if you're trying to fit 2adults/1children in the same bed would be an important factor since if a bed choice is not shown you could be given something as small as one double bed, which would be tight for 2 people, let along three

This is the best rate i'm seeing for a 3.5* or higher in midtown... would this HOTWIRE offer work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the HOTWIRE offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Marriot she in is at Broadway? ... New York Manhattan central park. 

If I booked through hotwire can i use the spring20 code? 

is it worth it to try bid on priceline? or should I just go ahead and booked through hotwire, which one will have better saving?

Thank You soooo much for the help

also, we don't mind to be around Hoboken just checking the map at the moment, it didn't  seem that far to travel. 

Can You please help me ID the 4* Boutique hotel in Jersey City. its 100% recommended $183 CAD/night

Pet friendly (not that we have any lol), Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, smoke free room, fitness centre, restaurant, internet access and golf nearby.

is it hard to get to central park from there?

thanks 

There is no "Marriott Central Park" that i am aware of... the one on Broadway is perhaps the Marriott Marquis?

The 'problem' with bidding on PRICELINE is that you would then only be guaranteed double occupancy and you could receive a hotel with only one bed (and it could be as small as a double bed, which would be very tight for 3 people, imo)... you could make any requests (king bed, 2 beds, etc) known to the hotel but they may not be able, or willing, to honor your request, and chances are less than favorable since many NYC consider rooms with 2 beds an upgrade from standard and they cost more.  It may be worth the risk in a more family friendly area such as Orlando which is used to accommodating families and hotels are built with a high percentage of rooms with two beds, but it's the exact opposite in NYC where space is at a premium and hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed.

Given that the Hoboken property above is just about the same price as the NYC HOTWIRE offer above, what is it that you hope to gain by staying in Hoboken?  If there was significant savings to be had by staying in Hoboken it could be worth a consideration, but with the prices nearly identical, why not stay directly in the city?

the hotel in hoboken work out to almost $250 CAD cheaper "for three night. And its 100% recommended I do not know if this make any different  both with the SPRING20 discount code already our dollars is not doing so well now a day." plus it might be free parking in hoboken vs. the million dollar parking fee in the city, I am not familiar with New York seem like parking cost an arm and a leg lol....was just curious if its worth it and if you have any idea what hotel it could be :) I promise I will booked it trough your link :p

btw just noticing now there is 2  ... 4* hotel in midtown east one for more than the other?

I have a few more question... so sorry for squirming you with all this question...

1. does the ratings matter?

2. why there is same star ratings with different price? the only different i can see is how many % people like it /love it ... what does all of this mean 

I am a little bit confused

Please post in USD so that it's easier to compare apples-to-apples.

For this HOTWIRE offer:

4* Jersey City - Hoboken - Union City for $128.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Room Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> best guess would be the W Hoboken, which is the newest/nicest hotel in there area, but keep in mind that your reservation is technically only for double occupancy and as no bed choice is offered, you could get a room within only one bed (and it may not be a King).  There is a beautiful park right in front of the hotel that your 5 year old would likely enjoy, but you're also looking at about a 45 minute trip door-to-door to get to Central Park. (although if your sister in law is staying at the Marriott Marquis it would be easier to meet there and then proceed to wherever it is that you are going).  Unfortunately parking is not going to be free in Hoboken (there is actually a city law that without a resident permit you can only park on the street for up to 4 hours)... you're likely looking at $25-$35/day to park.

If you use the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW TOOL and click the GREEN 'SEE ALL AMENITIES' button next to each listing you'll see that the two MTE properties are actually different (not just in price):

4* Midtown East for $158.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> likely The Lexington New York City

4* Midtown East for $154.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> sticking with my guess of the New York Marriott East Side for this one.  If i recall yesterday i highlighted this one since it offered a King bed for this price.

Ultimately you'll have to decide what your budget can afford and if the savings of staying in Hoboken are worth the inconvenience of a 45 minute trip to/from NYC each day.  The W Hoboken is a nicer hotel than either the Lexington or the Marriott, imo, but part of the 'NYC experience' will be lost not staying directly in the city, as you lose some of the 'buzz' factor and the convenience of walking out of your hotel and having almost anything at your disposal.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Hi :) So I did the booking YAY !!! $128/night for 3 nights minus the $20 off I go with the 4* in Hoboken and I got the W Hotel as you guess .... Thanks so much I am soooo happy with the finding ... I think this is a great choice ... maybe my sister in law and her family will like to explore this site of town for a day .... it look really nice ... Thanks again... you are really helpful and made my first hotwire/priceline hotel search an adventure.

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Airport shuttle

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Internet access

Golf nearby

Spa services

Children's activities

Plus I got discount from the promo code Spring20

PS. I wanted to say thank you for all the help I am getting to make it possible for me to booked this amazing deal, Thereuare nailed it, told me I will get W hoboken... and the W i get... AMAZING.... Thanks again !!! this site rock !!!

I did purchase my stay from the board HOTWIRE link :) ... I have one more question ... how likely it is for me to get a room with a river view?

And or how would I be able to ask for one of the riverview room? do I call them tomorrow to make sure that I secure a room with a view? or bring a box of maple candy?

OMG I am so excited ... I am actually dancing in the living room when I got it :)

I would call the hotel tomorrow and request a room with a view (and a King bed or a room with two beds in the room, whatever your preference) and a box of maple candy at check-in couldn't hurt!  However, most rooms at this property have a skyline view (just a few rooms on the lower floors do not), personally i prefer the uptown view if given the choice, but both are quite nice.

Don't even try parking on the street as you will get booted.

Washington St (2 blocks away from the river) is the main street of Hoboken with tons of stores, restaurants, bars and anything else you may need

Nearby this hotel:
Carlos Bakery - of the famed 'Cake Boss'

McDonalds - 2 blocks up from the hotel on Washington St (should your kid need a quick bite between meals)

Starbucks and/or Panera virtually next to each other on Washington St

Mamoun's Falafel - cheap hummus (really good) sandwiches along with falafel, gyro, chicken kabob sandwiches, etc (the HOT sauce is very hot)

If you need a family friendly sitdown dinner place that is reasonably priced (for the area) i recommend Margheritas at 740 Washington.

Let us me know if you need any additional information about the area.

I got the view of hudson river room and they are giving us two queen bed :) thanks a million this is super awesome .... I am starting a new thread for my sister in law family following up my success ... they had face a problem with the hotel they had originally booked, they only had 2 double bed and its really tiny for her, her hubby and two kids... so they are looking to move to somewhere that have 2 queen bed.... I can't thanks you guys enough...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]