Priceline Hotel: 4* London - Kensington - Earl's Court

ardelfino
By ardelfino,
in

Hi, I would like to have help to identify PRICELINE EXPRESS deal in London. Did use priceline for Paris but not happy with the results. Trying to get a good hotel in London I see info below from better bidding helper tool

dates:

09/24/2017 - 09/30/2017

$100 (maximum willing to pay before taxes)

Kensington - Earl's Court Rated 9.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Question: Is it acceptable to use priceline with 5 months in advance? What is the ideal time to get the best deal?

Thank you 

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Very sorry to hear that your PRICELINE experience for your Paris stay was disappointing. If you could share the results of that purchase as a separate thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

For this stay - PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Kensington - Earl's Court for $100
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>The Holiday Inn London-Kensington would be my guess.

Would this possibility be of interest? If not, let us know more about what you are looking for and we would be happy to research and offer alternatives.

There is no way to know if prices will go down closer to the stay or not, but as demand continues to stay high, there have been plenty of instances of prices ramping up as the dates get closer. You can find more discussion in the FAQ

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you for responding. Although it is a good hotel I didn't see too much difference from a regular pre-paid reservation.  So I tried name your own price with no success.

4 start+

Started with U$ 66 

16 - Kensington - Earl's Court

increased to U$ 70

Added 33 - Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria

increased to U$ 75

Added 18 - Knightsbridge - Harrods

Not accepted so far. I'm wondering if PRICELINE is really driving down prices...

Thanks

Edit: I'm using the median retail price as reference. For 16 area and 4 stars it is $165. So to get 60% it is U$ 66 (which was not accepted so the Priceline advertisement of major saves seems no to be completely true... - If I got it right of course...

The median price is meaningless and should not be used in your calculations.  As well, some locations, dates, and/or dates are deeply discounted (up to 60% or more) while other dates/locations/dates are not as deeply discounted.  Simply put, if a hotel with 100 rooms and has 2 rooms available for your dates, you would likely not offer any discount (or at least not a very deep discount) to the opaque providers as you would prefer to try to hotel these rooms yourself and sell them at full price... whereas if the same 100 room has 40 rooms vacant, they would be more likely to offer these rooms at a deep discount in order to fill them. (like anything else that is sold, it's a function of supply/demand for your particular dates)

Bottomline for the stay above... assuming the hotel guessed above is correct i'm seeing an all-in price of $930 vs. $718 (when using the board PRICELINE EXPRESS link in my signature), which is 20%+ savings, which is pretty good for a hotel that you know is a 'good' one based upon the 9+ user review rating by previous PRICELINE guests.

Do you think you will be able to get a well reviewed 4* hotel in London for less than $100/nite?

If you do decide that the $200+ savings above is not enough to warrant an 'opaque' purchase and decide to book this hotel thru it's regular rate, it would be appreciated if you used our Holiday Inn Kensington hotel link for your purchase.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]