Hotwire Hotel: 3* DC (Tysons Corner) Courtyard Tysons Corner

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello, 

I am making a trip to Arlington VA this coming weekend.  I need help with my bids.  I have already gone through all the following rebid zones for 3.5* (3.5* =. 2, 5, 7, 11, 20, 21, 22, 25), bidding from $50 - $80. I need some help in crafting a different strategy. I need to be within 15 minutes of Arlington VA (Ballston Metro).

My desired specifications:

• Min star rating:  3.5*
  • City & Zone:  DC (Arlington, VA)
  • Travel Dates:  4/2 - 4/4
  • Room Rate/Night:  $80 (Max)
  • Amenities:  Free Wifi

Thanks again, and looking forward to hearing from you all.

best, Noela

At current rates your maximum bid price is not realistic, as is evidenced by your rejected bid up to that level.

I'm not sure what is happening in the area over these dates, but even the 3* Comfort Inn Pentagon City which is in this zone is selling for $224/nite (making your maximum bid only a third of prevailing rates)

Do you specifically need to be in Arlington or were you looking to stay outside of 'downtown' which is even more expensive?

If you're ultimately objective is to visit DC how far outside of the city are you willing to stay, how high are you willing to go, and/or how low of a star rating are you wiling to accept?

There is this offer from HOTWIRE:

3* Tysons Corner for $58.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> not really sure what it is, maybe the Courtyard Tysons Corner, but no matter what it proves to be it does have a good 4.0/5.0 TA rating and is the most reasonably priced property i see in the area, should this work for your needs

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare:

Thanks very much for your responses.  I do not have to stay in Arlington area.  

Anywhere within 3 to 5 stops of the Ballston-MU Station should be ok.   I've stayed in the following properties in past, and like the distance and all properties (except the Extended Stay):

• Extended Stay America Washington D.C. - Tysons Corner
  • Key Bridge Marriott, Arlington, VA
  • Courtyard By Marriott Arlington Rosslyn

So, any properties around these areas that meet my specifications should be ok.  Is it possible to get a better deal than the 3* Tysons Corner Hotwire property you quoted?

thanks - Noela

Search using our BiddingHelper.com tool, and in the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW and PRICELINE EXPRESS TABS, filter the results to 3* and higher rated and then click the 'Sort By: PRICE' link... do you see anything in your desired zones within your budget?

If not the Tyson Corner property above the only other zones i'm seeing within your budget are the IAD Airport and College Park zones... do you see something different that would work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to pick up this very good deal for what looks to be very expensive dates in the area and that you can make this work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]