Hotwire Hotel: Help June NYC cool hotel, hip neighborhood

Travelgull
By Travelgull,
in

We are looking for a cool hotel in a hip neighborhood near subway from June 9 to 13, 2017 for 2 adults. Budget up to USD220 including taxes and resort fees. We've been advised to stay in Union Square, Soho or Chelsea. LES is perhaps a bit too edgy for the first-time visitor accompanying me. What suggestions?

I am new to Betterbidding and Hotwire and wish to thank this great community for their time and advice.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How about this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of and links provided below):

4.5* Chelsea Area for $177
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this property would be the INNSIDE New York Nomad.  This property does charge a resort fee which would put you over budget, but using the discount link and code in my signature only puts you over by about $35, if you're able to stretch your budget a bit

If the above is not an option you could consider this alternative:

4* SoHo - Tribeca for $188
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> Arlo Hudson Square would be my best guess here

... and one offer from HOTWIRE:

4* Union Square - Flatiron for $159.00
Fitness
Business
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> guess for this one would be the Avalon Hotel (but even with the lower price the resort fee puts this inline with the other offers above, just slightly over your $220 all-in budget)

Do any of the above seem to fit your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The third hotel listed in my previous reply is a 4* HOTWIRE hotel in the Union Square zone... if there is some other property you're seeing please provide the full details (star rating, zone, room rate per nite before fees/taxes, and the amenities associated with the offer).

To ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set please use the following method:

Search using our BiddingHelper.com tool and in the EASY VIEW TAB click the 'See All Amenities' button next to the offer and then copy/paste them into your post.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE

4* NYC Union Square - Flatiron for USD173

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4.5* Union Square - Flatiron for USD188

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thank you.

I'm not seeing either of the above when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing these on your own search? (i'm seeing rates for a 4* starting at $217/nite and a 4.5* at $300+ per nite)

I didn't see those deals the other day when i searched (when you originally posted) and remember seeing higher rates similar to what i'm currently being offered... is it possible you searched for the wrong dates when seeing the lower priced Union Square hotels (i only ask as i know it happens to me sometimes as well... if you used our BiddingHelper.com tool to search you can see your previous searches by clicking the link to the right of the SEARCH button)

I will add that perhaps whoever recommended the Union Square area may know your personality/needs better than we do, it's not really a zone that comes to mind when thinking of a 'hip' or 'cool' area in NYC; yeah there is a Whole Foods and a Trader Joe's, so perhaps it qualifies as 'hipster' (maybe not, i'm getting older and maybe i don't know the definitions anymore :biggrin:), but it's not an area i think of in terms of 'hanging out' and spending a lot of time in.

Regardless, are any of the previous properties of interest? (assuming they are still available)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]