Priceline Hotel: 5* London (Mayfair-Soho)

Bbrad
By Bbrad,
in

Hello I bid on a hotel via Priceline last night and was unsuccessful. Which has led me here! I'm semi lost on how to fill the template for a post. Not sure where to find the amenities for the hotel if I didn't win?

-5 star

-London - (Marfair-Soho)

-March 29th-April 1st (3 nights)

-I bid 140$ and was countered back at 204$ and didn't accept since that is a little out of my price range especially when they add all of the fees.

Sorry for the inexperience I tried to look at others posts first and the FAQ. When I used the Bidding Helper the Priceline tab sends me back to the regular Priceline bid screen.

Also this is the beginning stay for a backpacking trip so I'm hoping to use what I learn here for multiple other cities following this. I can make future win threads or a single long thread with the results after.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Your post above is good :smile:... the amenity information is for when you use PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE.

For this London trip, what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?  Are any zones other than the Mayfair-Soho zone acceptable?  If you're not able to get a 5* at $140 or less would you want to lower your star rating or increase your budget?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would say my max budget is 150, 160$ if it was an awesome hotel. I did a lowball offer on a 4* in the same area (Mayfair-Soho) at 90$ and I believe they counted back at 128$ per night which seems weird because that is higher than the Priceline Express 4* deal (124$).

I would be open to 5* (Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria) which I also bid on and lost at 120$ after I tried (Mayfair-Soho). Hopefully Priceline doesn't penalize for multiple bids like that. Based on some of the results from the Betterbidding Hotel List in the 4* category for  (Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria) I personally didn't care for the trade off of being on the south side of the river in a 4*.

I would also be open to a 5* in (Bloomsbury - Marble Arch - Kings Cross Station & British Museum) I see of the 2 on the list for that area the Hyatt Rengency London The Churchill and St. Pancras Renaissance that when I do a normal Priceline search for that zone that St. Pancras isn't showing on the list. So I search the hotel in google and there is a PRICELINE link for it. Weird.

edit: I guess I might as well ask if the Name Your Own Price will ever yield a better result than the Express Deals?

The counter-offer is not what is required to win the bid. The price required is somewhere between the counter-offer and the last failed bid.

NYOP is generally slightly-to-moderately cheaper than PRICELINE EXPRESS, but the benefit/value of PRICELINE EXPRESS is being able to make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing and have a greater chance at getting something you're pleased with vs NYOP, where you have to be willing to accept anything in the zone at that star rating. Betterbidding's Priceline Hotel List: Other Countries only offers what has been reported to the board - there are new hotels reported to the board, changes in zone/star rating often.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'll take a gander at the express 4* deal. 

- 4*   7.0 or higher

- London - (Marfair-Soho)

- March 29th-April 1st (3 nights)

- 124$/night

- Business Center, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities, Bed choice available

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the landing page after clicking the link below.)

4* Mayfair - Soho for $124
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Strand Palace.

Would this possibility be of interest?

Here are some options within your desired zones (or zones that are generally considered to be centrally located) and budget along with my best guess for each (confirm your dates on the landing page of any provided links):

4* Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria for $116
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Park Plaza London Riverbank

4* Bloomsbury - Marble Arch - Kings Cross Station & British Museum for $123
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Holiday Inn Bloomsbury

4* The City - Tower Bridge - St. Pauls Cathedral for $143
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The Tower A Guoman Hotel

If none f the hotels above work for your needs and you only want a 5* property, you're either going to need to raise your budget OR stay further out from the 'core' area (Chelsea, East London, Maida Vale look like they have some 5* that would be near the high end of your budget).

This one is over your budget, but it does get great reviews if you're able to swing it:

5* Mayfair - Soho for $208
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Intercontinental London Park Lane would be my guess here

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]