Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Downtown Chicago - River North) AC Hotel Chicago Downtown

MMcC508
By MMcC508,
in

Thank you in advance for your help!  First time traveling to Chicago w/ (2) kids (Ages 5 & 8).  We'd like an indoor pool if possible.  Budget is $150 or less which takes out a few options higher rated options.  Using Hotwire with 2A & 2K vs Priceline's unknown room type.

I found a 3.5* River North for $125 with the following amenities and my guess is either AC Hotel or Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.  We'd prefer to be closer to Michigan Ave than the Holiday Inn so I am resistant to book this option.  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access.  I also see this - Book soon! The last person got the Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza, IL.

There is an option for free breakfast with the same 3.5* that is $152.  The other hotels listed - Springhill & Residence offer free breakfast, while the Holiday Inn & AC Hotel is a surcharge.  Does that offer any insight as to which hotel the $125 could be?  If so, maybe I am better off going the $152, getting the breakfast and something other than Holiday Inn.

I also find a 3.5* Mag. Mile-Water Tower for $92 that notes Pool(s), but not "Indoor".  I am assuming that is accurate and we obviously won't be swimming outdoors in March in Chicago?

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Sorry so long, been looking at options too long and decided it was time for help.

Thanks Again!

I wanted to add the amenities for the 3.5* River North w/ breakfast I mentioned above.  Any guess to which hotel?  Here are the FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I was seeing inconsistent results when searching HOTWIRE for your dates above, so if you're interested in the following offer please change your search to 3adults/1child and you should see the following:

3.5* River North for $127.00 with 95% recommendation rating (there is a similar one with only a 90% recommendation rating)
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the well reviewed AC Hotel Chicago Downtown so that would be my best guess for this one

Switching back for the 2adults/2children HOTWIRE search:

3.5* River North for $152.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> the Springhill Suites by Marriott Chicago Downtown/ River North or the Residence Inn by Marriott Chicago Downtown / River North would be my guess here

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congrats on your success.

Terrific deal for this property! Hope you are looking forward to your stay. Great location, as well - Michigan Ave is a block away and Eataly is a block or two to the South. Plenty of restaurants a short walk away in River North. Please let us know if you have any city questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]