Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown - River North) Palomar Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel

marcast007
By marcast007,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I'm seeing:

4.5* River North for $157.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Likely Godfrey

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? I'm very familiar with the city - would be happy to answer any hotel or city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you for your welcoming and responding so quickly Aaron! I was thinking it would be The James Hotel actually (I might have to spend some more for that one, huh?)

Want to stay around this price range if possible. Godfrey is a bit too modern (cold) for my taste, but the price is not bad for that kind of hotel.

First time in Chicago for me. My husband was there years ago. We are both in our 40's and are taking some time from the kiddos.

Heard River North and Magnificent Mile are best areas to stay at to be close to most highlights of the city. Hope that's true. I also heard you have great food. We'd love to check out some good places around.

AaronJB knows Chicago best, but i'll add this offer that i'm currently seeing (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4.5* Downtown - River North for $186
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Palomar Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel, which gets excellent reviews... would this work for your plans?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Palomar would be a fantastic result, as that is firmly in the center of the River North area, which is an area that I do like quite a bit in terms of downtown Chicago. Personally, as someone who is quite familiar with the city, I view the Mag Mile area as a place more to browse. Michigan Ave has a lot of what you can find elsewhere, cheaper. Chicago has fantastic museums (particularly the Field and the Art Institute, as well as the Shedd; the Museum of Sci/Industry is great but fairly far South of downtown) and the Lincoln Park area is wonderful - the Zoo is fantastic and free. River North has a wonderful restaurant selection. The area just to the West of the Loop isn't terribly convenient, but it really does also have a rapidly increasing restaurant scene and is now getting "built up", with new hotels. Old Town is quite nice and a short walk away from the Zoo. Chinatown is also great and one can get there via the Water Taxi. 

Let us know if the Palomar will work well; if not, I'd be happy to further research and offer other suggestions.

Do keep in mind that rates and inventory can change significantly between now and next month and this is traditionally not a slow period. Keep us updated and let us know when you are ready to bid.

I will add that the current offer has gone down in price by $20 (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* Downtown - River North for $166
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> i still believe this to be the Palomar Chicago, A Kimpton Hotel, and can be used with the additional discount link in my signature

If you are eventually hoping for the Palomar i would suggest buying now as there is a strong likelihood that this will not be the same hotel that is offered a month from now.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results... a very nice deal for this well reviewed property.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay and have fun in Chicago!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]