Priceline Hotel: Looking for a deal in New York, want to help?

SerenitySilhouette
By SerenitySilhouette,
in

Greetings everyone from Canada,

I have surprised my fiancee with a trip to New York for his 35th birthday!!! I am have never bid on a hotel room before therefore a new to PRICELINE. I have already read the bidding thread. Here is what I am looking for

Travel dates: April 27th to April 30

4.5 Star Hotel  in Times Square - Theatre District or  Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen

Price: Under $200 preferred 

Any tips? Which bidding increment should I start at? Any idea of the hotel I could get. 

I would appreciate any guidance given

Welcome to Betterbidding!

You can see the hotels that have been reported to the board on the site's Priceline Hotel List. That list provides what has been reported to the board - new hotels are reported all the time and star rating changes can happen. Under $200 is possible for a 4.5* in those zones, but it will likely come fairly close to your desired max.

PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE are somewhat more expensive than bidding, but with the information given, you can often make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing - which may lead to finding a hotel that's a better fit for the occasion.

While TS/MTW are popular areas, there's a lot going on across Midtown and you may find better deals if you are open to more areas.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm on the detail page that the correcr

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $213
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Possible match for the Premier.

4.5* Chelsea Area for $207
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>Possible match for the INNSide 

4.5* Empire State Building Area for $235
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>> Guess would be  Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we would be happy to offer further suggestions on how to proceed.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

18 hours ago, SerenitySilhouette said:

4.5 Star Hotel  in Times Square - Theatre District or  Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen

I would not recommend the MTW-Hell's Kitchen zone as the zone goes pretty far west, and although most of the higher rated hotels in this zone are quite nice and well reviewed, they are not the most well located for the average tourist, imo.

Are any of the 4.5* hotel above of interest?  You may be able to do a little better by bidding on PRICELINE, but then you won't be able to take a guess as to the hotel that you may receive (or know any of the other information about the hotel, such as amenities, reviews, etc). 

If trying to save on cost you could also consider this property (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $161
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> best guess here would be the Stewart Hotel, which although not in one of the two zones you mentioned above, is still centrally located near multiple subway lines

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take one of the offers above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]