Hotwire Hotel: 3-star New To Hotwire Hotel in Theater District - Midtown West area

hadar zemach
By hadar zemach,
in

Hello,

Please help identify the following hotel (hotwire):

4-star New To Hotwire Hotel in Theater District - Midtown West area

Fri, May 26 - Sat, Jun 03 

55% recommended (11 reviews)

Amenities

Business center, Fitness center, Internet access, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms

Accessibility

Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

106$ per night (before tax).

Thank you,

Hadar

Welcome to BetterBidding!

4* Theater District - Midtown West for $106.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> a guess would be the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York Times Square West, but i'm really not certain

However, the 55% recommendation by previous HOTWIRE guests is very low, and would be reason to move forward with caution.  What are your needs and maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your answer.

If it's not the Hilton, do you know what is the worst hotel that we can get in 4* in this area that match this description?

We are looking for a 3*/4* hotel in this area or another areas like:

Chelsea

West/ east village

all the midtown area

Times squarer

Approximately the same budget.

Of course I ordered hotel room just for case "Hotel Hayden" in Chelsea 200$ per night including tax with refundable, but its too high for our budget.

Thank you,

Hadar

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $145
Pets Allowed
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>My guess would be the Doubletree Times Sq West

4* Midtown East for $178
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Fitness Center
>>>Doubletree Metropolitan.

3.5* Empire State Building Area for $166
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>St Giles the Court is the likely guess in this case.

4* Empire State Building Area for $186
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>70 Park Avenue would be my guess.

The Doubletree Times Square West is a new hotel and the negative reviews (at least on tripadvisor) appear to be due to the hotel working out some early issues. 

Would any of the above options be of interest? Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

What is your maximum/target budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Other than the HOTWIRE offer above (that you originally asked about at $106/nite, which is still available) do you see anything else offer thru either HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS in one of your acceptable zones that is below $120/nite?

Do you have an interest in that property?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or continue to move higher, but I think that the offer above is an 'outlier' in the sense that it is a bit cheaper (about $40 less) than the next best offer.  This is an expensive time of year in NYC and this would be a very good price for this time of year (and for an extended stay such as this one).  The percent recommendation by previous guests is a bit concerning, but it is a fairly new property, and hopefully they just need to get the kinks out and will have done so in the 2+ months between now and your stay... but i also imagine that is part of the reason for the low rate, as they are new, trying to let everyone know they exist, and also turn around the reviews (which are hit or miss)

So really a case of knowing yourself and how much does the hotel shape your travel experience, how much do you 'use' the hotel (vs. just use it as a place to sleep), and how much your able to tolerate any potential 'hiccups' in exchange for the low and deeply discounted rate.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide. I do think that $106 for a 4* at the end of May/early June is *very* cheap and if that it is the Doubletree, you have to hope that they continue to work on issues over the next couple of months. However, for $106, are your expectations lower than if you're paying $50 more a night? That money saved versus more expensive options can easily go towards other things. If the $106 is of interest, I'd consider taking it as anyone else looking at these dates is going to see $106 for a 4* vs comparable prices and likely go for that.

There is always the risk that it is something else, but I don't have any other guess aside from the Doubletree in this case. I'm still seeing the $106 as of this morning, which is a little surprising as the next cheapest midtown option is a little over $50 higher.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide.

Any news on the winning hotel?  I'm looking at the same thing in hotwire in july 14th to 19th and would like to know if you win DoubleTree by Hilton.

Also, anyone know what is 55% recommendation means?  Is that the rating for that particular hotel or rating for picking the 4 stars in this area since it can technically be any hotels.  

lulu888, Welcome to Betterbidding.

For help with your own trip please post a new thread with the details of your stay and we would be happy to take a look.

55% approval rating is the approval rating for HOTWIRE customers for the specific hotel currently being offered.

I didn't ordered yet because we were waiting for an answer about staying  at a friend's hose.

Anyway it didn't work out and we need hotel, but now the price is up to 120$ and we are not sure what to do now...

Do you have any news about this offer?

Also, Aaron, do you have a guess about this one:

3.5-star Hotel in Times Square South area (Hotwire):

90% recommended

Complimentary
Free Internet

Amenities
Business, center Fitness, center, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms

Thank you

3.5* Times Square South for $140.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Would be a possible match for the Holiday Inn Times Square South.

4* Theater District - Midtown West for $120.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the Doubletree 

The difference in location is really fairly minor. It really becomes do you want to try the Doubletree for what is still really a very reasonable rate for this time of year in the hopes that the new hotel will have worked some of its early going issues out by then?

I think now it said last person got the hotel was Yotel.  I'm checking with this area as well within the past week.  So, I see people getting Yotel or DoubleTree.  I'm not experienced as the admin here but this is purely my guess.  If you select the bed options to take double beds, then it should end up DoubleTree.  The reason I'm guessing this is Yotel doesn't have two double bed rooms.  Another thing I noticed when I was doing my search is that some hotel prices dropped in hotwire when I search on Sat.  I'm not sure if it was just that day or if that's the trend in hotwire. 

3 hours ago, hadar zemach said:

I'm not sure it's the Hilton,

Do you mean the Doubletree by Hilton or are you referring to some Hilton property?

3 hours ago, hadar zemach said:

In HOTWIRE it's says Smoke-free rooms but if you goes to hotel's website you'll see all rooms are non-smoking rooms.

Not sure the point you're trying to make here... wouldn't all rooms being non-smoking be consistent with the HOTWIRE information?

13 minutes ago, lulu888 said:

I think now it said last person got the hotel was Yotel.

The "Last person got ___" information shown by HOTWIRE is in reference to the last person who bought a hotel in the zone at this star rating, not necessarily relative to the hotel currently being offered for your search.

Note that the Yotel does not allow pets, so it would not be the offer above that lists 'Pet Friendly' as an amenity.

7 minutes ago, hadar zemach said:

it's says that all rooms are non-smoking rooms, but if you check  the Amenities on Hotwire it's says Smoke-free rooms

I'm still not following your logic...

HOTWIRE says that the room you receive will be Smoke Free, and the hotel states that all their rooms are Non-Smoking; these statements are consistent to me, do you think they are contradictory?

I haven't changed my thoughts since my response last week.

Thanks for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any additional questions. I will say though that given how reasonable that $120 rate (vs how this period usually is traditionally and versus comparable hotels for these dates) it would not surprise me if it isn't available for that much longer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]