Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park) The Roosevelt Hotel New York

PeterPaul
By PeterPaul,
in

Hi all,

I am looking for a hotel in New York, for the nights of the 13th (Tuesday) June until the 17th of June. Looking for a 4 star or above hotel.2 adults 

• Times Square - Theatre District
  • Midtown East 
  • Grand Central Terminal - UN 
  • Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park 
  • Madison Square Garden - Convention Area 
  • Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen
  • Central Park South 

Before I will start my priceline bidding, do you think it is possile to get a room per night for 120-150$ ?! 

It will be great if you can support me. It's my first time for priceline / hotwire

btw I have red some topics. great prof. and friendly support. great tool! i will recommend it!

greatings from munich :)

Welcome to BetterBidding! (and thank you for the compliments on the site... we appreciate that!:smile:)

$120-$150 is a bit on the low end of the range for this time of year... at current rates you are more likely looking at the $150-$175 range to be successful for a 4* hotel in one of the zones above.  Based upon what i'm seeing at this point in time, you would need to drop down to the 3* level in order to find something in the $120-$150 range.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if your budget is flexible and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the most part the areas you list above are ok except i will add the following information about these zones:

Grand Central Terminal - UN ==> at the 4.5* level contains the One Un New York which is pretty far east and about a 15 minute walk to the subway.  If you choose a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer at the 4* level this is not an issue, but if you bid on PRICELINE your 4* bid could be upgraded to a 4.5* hotel (which makes this one a possibility)

Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen ==> a bit far west and most hotels in this area are not really close to anything

Unfortunately all PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE offers in these zones at the 4* or higher level are currently over $160/nite, so you can either stretch you budget another $10/nite or so, for example with this offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $177
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Stewart Hotel

or if you could stretch a few more dollars:

4* Empire State Building Area for $185
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==>Iberostar 70 Park Avenue Hotel would be my best guess for this one (gets good reviews and would be a good value at nearly half price)

... or you could try bidding on PRICELINE for whichever zones you decide.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take one of the offers above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi thereuare :)

as I promised I am back to get the best deal you v ever made for someone ;-)))

My dates has been changed... from  13th of june to the 18th of june in following areas or in other areas if you think they are good located. It is our first time there:

• Midtown East  ( as you already mentioned)
  • Grand Central Terminal - UN ( not 4,5 Stars)
  • Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen
  • Central Park South 

It should be 4**** or higher if possible..

Thank you again.

PS: Does it make sense to wait a bit? I have red that the chance to get a cheaper hotel is if you wait until 1-2 weeks before arriving. is that true?

21 minutes ago, PeterPaul said:

Grand Central Terminal - UN ( not 4,5 Stars)

As noted above, the star rating you choose on PRICELINE is the minimum that you're willing to accept, so your 4* bid could be upgraded to a higher rated hotel, so if you're not willing to accept a 4.5* property in this zone then you should not include this zone in your 4* bidding.

23 minutes ago, PeterPaul said:

Does it make sense to wait a bit?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip.  Currently i think your chances are somewhat low being successful at $160 or lower (if you are successful it will likely be very close to this bid price).  As hotel occupancy levels have increased over the years, and as hotels have gotten better at managing 'opaque' inventory, big price drops at the last minute have become less and less common (and we have seen an increase in the opposite happening and prices increasing as check-in date approaches), but at current prices a win at $160 or better would seem like a good deal relative to what can be booked thru conventional booking channels, but let us know once you're ready to move forward and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow at that time (since bidding strategies are based upon current rates... and please also confirm if you'd like to include the hotel above in your bidding or not)

Hi

first of all again and again, thank you very much for your Support!!!

ok, 13th june until 18th of june, 1 room, 2 persons

• Midtown East 
  • Central Park South

From my Point of view It does not make sense to book a 4,5 Star Hotel  if I need more than 15 minutes to the next subway Station -> no Grand Central

I think I will wait some more few days but what will be the strategy? bidding on priceline over your biddinger helper, is it right?

Starting with $140 and go on 141,142... and so on?

21 minutes ago, PeterPaul said:

I think I will wait some more few days but what will be the strategy?

Let us know once you're ready to bid as we will have a look at current rates at that time... no sense in researching prices for a bidding strategy at this time since rates could move higher/lower in the next few days, making any current strategy potentially too high or too low.

You can bid using the PRICELINE tab at BiddingHelper.com or by clicking this PRICELINE link.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

• 4 weeks later...

sure!

so far I bet over your biddinghelper tool:

AREAS:

Midtown East, Central Park South, Times Square - Theatre District, Madison Square Garden - Convention Area, Empire State Building Area, Chelsea Area, Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park

STARS:

**** (4)

PRICE:

152$ (135EURO)

So how about this offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link (as i may not have kept up with all of the date changes in this thread)):

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $159
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> i'm not sure which hotel this is, but it could have easily been one that you received when bidding above, and using our exclusive discount when using the link in my signature brings this down to $151/nite, which is $1 less than you have already bid :wink:

Does this PRICELINE EXPRESS work for you?

YEAHHH!!!

The Roosevelt Hotel New York  4 STARS

45 East 45th Street And Madison Avenue, New York, NY

Room Price:$159.00/night

Number of rooms:1 Room

Number of nights:5 Nights

Room Subtotal:$795.00

Taxes & Fees:$194.05

Coupon:$-39.75

Total Charged:$949.30 

Great DEAL - Thank You so much! That will be a great suprise for my girlfriend ;-)!!! 

I will recommend you everyhwere! THANKS!!

Congrats on your success!

Really terrific price for this NYC property during the busy Summer period! Glad you are pleased with the result and thank you so much for telling others about Betterbidding! It's greatly appreciated.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchases and searches, as well as for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this PRICELINE EXPRESS property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List

Enjoy your stay.

Glad to see you received a nice deal and are looking forward to your trip... we're happy to have helped and thank you for helping to spread the word about BetterBidding!:smile:

This place is about a 10-15 minute walk but it's worth the trip one morning for breakfast as they have one of the best bagels in the city and it makes for a casual and relatively inexpensive breakfast among locals.

Ess-A-Bagel

831 3rd Ave (between 50th and 51st St. on Third Ave)

Have a great trip and let us know if there are any NYC questions we can assist with.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]