Hotwire Hotel: 5* Cabo San Lucas - Corridor South

thr4
By thr4,
in

Hello, and thanks to everyone who helps out on the site. It's been helpful to me in the past, and I'll contribute any wins I have to improve the knowledge base of the forum. (Yes I use the Hotwire and Priceline links provided in every thread to access those sites!)

I'm looking at hotels in Cabo with the following parameters:

Check In - 4/17/2017

Check Out - 4/22/2017

1 Room, 2 Adults, 0 Children

The hotel that I'm looking at is 5* in the Corridor South Area, $454/night (down from $682/night). Here are the full amenities:  Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services. 

I'm 99.9% sure that this hotel is The Cape - A Thompson Hotel. 

The question I have is with regards to room type. When I view this hotel for these dates on Kayak, there are only two room types available: 1 Bedroom Villa and 1 Bedroom Suite @ roughly $685/night. So, does that mean that if I book this room from Hotwire, I'll get one of these room types? 

If I search for 4/17 - 4/20, the room rate drops to $303/night on Hotwire. Then searching for 4/20-4/22, the rate is again $454/night. This makes for a weighted average of $363/night. For 4/17 to 4/20 on Kayak, there are more cheaper rooms available than just the 1BR Suite or 1BR Villa, specifically a 'Deluxe King'.

So, I'd be happy with this hotel at $454/night if I were getting the 1BR Suite or Villa, but if I were put into a Deluxe King upon arrival I wouldn't be very thrilled. I think the only thing that Hotwire guarantees is the bed type, nothing else. 

Should I book the full 5 nights together at $454/night -- or would I be better off booking the first three nights separately from the latter two nights? Basically just looking to get the best bang for my buck here. 

If I'm not making myself and my question clear, please let me know and I will do my best to rephrase. Thank you!

This offer shows a 'King room' and that is all that would be guaranteed... i understand your post, as well as your logic, but as you're not specifically booking a 1BR suite the hotel would be within their right if assign you any room that has a King bed (a 'regular' king bed could become available between now and your trip)

I don't know your needs for this trip, but this 4.5* is substantially less:

4.5* Cabo San Lucas East for $116
Free Parking
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar which gets good reviews (9+ user review rating) if this would work for your needs

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide for this trip, and we look forward to hearing about and helping with your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have provided a link in my previous post which will take you directly to the offer.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]