Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Ft Lauderdale Beach Area) B Ocean Resort

mrsaknar
By mrsaknar,
in

Please follow-up your previous Cocoa Beach hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

If you're okay with a non-refundable reservation at this point, the best time to start looking around to get a sense of available inventory/rates is now.  What would be your desired budget per night for this stay and what are the specific dates of travel?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Aaron JB!  

We book pretty much all of our Florida vacations through Priceline, and have always had great success.  

We haven't spent more than $150/night and have stayed at The W, Hyatt Pier 66, The B and one other.  

We like to stay on the beach, as opposed to in town, as we won't be renting a car this time.

Thank you for your guidance. 

I haven't purchased a Priceline Express before but I know  that you guys are helpful at trying to give a good guess at what a location may be.

I see, on October 27 for one night, a 4.5 Express hotel for $166.  Amenities include: 

Bed Choice, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Swimming Pool

Any ideas? Thanks :) 

53 minutes ago, mrsaknar said:

We book pretty much all of our Florida vacations through Priceline, and have always had great success.  

Please begin to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight from those who have posted before you... only one reported win to the board in 6+ years of joining.:sad:

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of the link provided below):

4.5* Ft Lauderdale Beach Area for $167
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess her would be the W Fort Lauderdale

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh wow ..... I certainly will!!!  I'm assuming it's too late to share the 'wins' now but will most certainly do so from now on!  

The W?  I think that's a great deal!  I will post as soon as we book and let you all know if it was indeed that location!  

Thanks again! 

Sharing the details of prior wins (as separate threads) is greatly appreciated and still definitely does help others researching stays.

Thanks for keeping us updated on what you decide for this stay and definitely let us know if you have any additional questions at all.

Bummer ~ It shows as still available but when I click on it a page comes up that says:

Please note: Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. However, we still have the following deals below.

Guess I will keep looking :) 

On HOTWIRE, I'm seeing:

4* Fort Lauderdale Beach for $168.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Oceanfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  A guess would be the W.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

You guys are THE BEST!!  Will likely book that one, and will let you know....... But curious if you have an idea for this one as well, for the same date?

4-star Hotel in Fort Lauderdale Beach area

Complimentary Free Internet

Amenities

Fitness center Golf nearby Pool(s)Restaurant(s)Spa services

Accessibility

Wheelchair accessible Accessible bathroom

4* Fort Lauderdale Beach for $123.00
Free Internet
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  The Hyatt Pier 66 would be a maybe in this case.

Thank you for your compliments and for keeping us updated on what you decide, it's greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

Oh yes ~ I promise to let you know as soon as we book!!!  Last inquiry.....

Do you think we could acquire a similar place as The W, using bidding, on either Priceline or Hotwire for a bit less?

We have had great success before but we would prefer not to stay at the Hyatt Pier 66 this time.

Thanks again ~ I SO appreciate you guys!!

You could try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower price, but you then need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... so how do you manage to avoid the Pier 66 which you say you are not interested in for this trip?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take the HOTWIRE offer above, and we'll take it from there.

Ok guys ~ my plan is to book our hotel today (or at least tomorrow at the latest) .... Using  your links and sharing my most amazing deal on your site of course!!

I really like the W deal but am curious about your best guess on a couple other Hotwire HotRate Deals.  Our goal is 4*, central beach area.  What do you think of......

4* Hotel ($164)

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business center, Fitness center, Near beach, Oceanfront hotel, Pool(s), Resort, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms

4* Resort ($158)

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business center,Fitness center,Golf nearby,Pet friendly,Pool(s),Resort,Restaurant(s)

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for each when searching for your dates:

4* Fort Lauderdale Beach for $158.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower

and

4* Fort Lauderdale Beach for $164.00
Free Internet
Resort
Near Beach
Oceanfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa

Unfortunately i don't have any insight into either of these.  However, you know this area well... is there a hotel that you would want more than the likely W?  While you continue to see whatever else may come down the road... the current offered believed to be the W could easily disappear.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip.

Thank you~ Now that the weekend is over I am sitting down and ready to book.  I appreciate you pointing me in the direction of the 'bidding helper' link.  SO helpful!!!

In our past experience we have really enjoyed staying at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.  That being said, we are happy to stay at any nice place in the same price range, if you don't see that one as being a possibility at this time.  

On 7/7/2017 at 0:23 PM, mrsaknar said:

my plan is to book our hotel today (or at least tomorrow at the latest)

4 minutes ago, mrsaknar said:

Now that the weekend is over I am sitting down and ready to book.

Please try to really be ready to book when asking for help as research hotels can be a time consuming process, and the offers can (and often do) change quickly... frequently the offers researched are not available 2-3 days later, so it's back to square one.

On HOTWIRE i'm currently seeing what appears to be the Haytt Pier 66 offered for $112/nite... or the W Fort Lauderdale at $168 (which would also put you over the hump to use the $10 promotion link at the top of the page)

So is the Hyatt Pier 66 of interest?  If so, would you want to pay the $112/nite to increase your chances of this property, try your luck bidding on PRICELINE up to $112/nite for any hotel in the zone, or prefer to try to target the nicer W Fort Lauderdale?

Let su know how you'd like to proceed.

I'm also seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Ft Lauderdale Beach Area for $167
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the W Fort Lauderdale.

Using the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab you should see the following property:

4* HOTWIRE Fort Lauderdale Beach for $112.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Spa
Childrens Activities
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this one would be the Hyatt Pier 66 (at the same price you were just rejected for with PRICELINE)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]