Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Portland (Moda Center - Lloyd District - Convention Center) Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown-Convention Center

ahallbetterb
By ahallbetterb,
in

Checked  Hotwire and Priceline Express.  Both had a 3.5 star hotel in "Moda Center - Lloyd District - Convention Center."  Hotwire had one for $101, Priceline for $97.  I figured it was the same hotel - either the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree.  Priiceline's amenities listing was more vague, but Hotwire's gave it away: self-serve laundry which the Doubletree doesn't have.  (Not shown on Priceline's regular hotel page for the Crowne Plaza, but the hotel's own website lists "Self-service laundry.")  I was hoping for the Crowne Plaza anyway - I am familiar with both it and the Doubletree.

I decided to try bidding for a 3.5 star with Priceline's Name Your Own Price.  I first bid $87 - no go but got a counter-offer for $101 to bid again immediately.  Instead, I started a new bid (adding Beaverton - no 3.5 star hotels there) for $89 and it was accepted, for two nights at the Crowne Plaza.  Total with taxes/fees was $218.98.  Hotel's best flexible price on its website was $179/night.  (Doubletree was showing for basically the same price.)  This done two days before check-in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]