Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (SoHo - Tribeca) Arlo Hudson Square

Monday123
By Monday123,
in

Hello

My husband and I are looking for a hotel for a week in New York City 6/17/17 - 6/24/17. We don't really want to pay more than $2000 all in including taxes.

Currently looking at LES / Soho / East Village / Chelsea etc - basically anywhere nice and interesting away from the hoards of Times Square. So far as the hotel is concerned - as nice as we can get it for the money. Size of room is not a concern.

Thank you very much in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How about any of the following:

4.5* Rockefeller Center for $197.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be the Warwick

For each of the following confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link:

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $215
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Even Hotel New York - Midtown East

4.5* Empire State Building Area for $226
Business Center
Restaurant
==> The Kitano New York or the Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC

Are any of the above of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There's actually quite a bit within/around your desired budget. Are you looking for anything in particular in terms of style?

HOTWIRE:

5* SoHo - Tribeca for $211.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Not yet ID"d/reported, but a new amenity set for the Smyth or 11 Howard would be guesses. In any case, the listing is showing a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating so the underlying property does get excellent reviews.

4.5* SoHo - Tribeca for $221.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Spa
==>  Guess would be the Hugo

4.5* Union Square - Flatiron for $259.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Spa
==>  Gansevoort Park Avenue would be a likely guess.

4.5* Rockefeller Center for $197.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  A likely guess here would be the Warwick

4.5* Empire State Building for $230.00
Boutique
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  A guess would be the Kitano

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please do confirm that after clicking on the links below that the correct dates are showing on the landing page.)

4.5* Empire State Building Area for $226
Business Center
Restaurant
>>>Possible Gansevoort Park Avenue or Kitano, although of the two I'd think the latter would be more likely.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for your responses - apologies that I haven't responded sooner - I hadn't realised that you had replied.

At the moment, I can book Arlo Nomad for $1832.25 plus taxes, so that's the price I'm looking to beat. The Smyth or Howard might be an option.

In your experience, would it be better for me to leave making a reservation closer to the date? Or should I just book now and have done with it?

Many thanks

You are subscribed to this thread so if you don't receive notification that a reply has been made (don't forget to check your BULK/SPAM folder) please let us know.

2 hours ago, Monday123 said:

I can book Arlo Nomad for $1832.25 plus taxes

This is the same price that is available thru the Priceline tab of our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (direct link: Arlo Nomad, confirm your dates on the landing page) so it would be appreciated if you helped support the board with your purchase if you go the 'known name' route.

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip, so if you find a hotel that you like and is a good deal then i would recommend taking it, as it could likely disappear should you wait. (plus currenlty the board PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links offer an exclusive additional discount to our users, so that at least provides a little bit of a cushion for there be any rate drops when the additional discount may not be available)

What about the guessed Smyth/Howard is appealing to you?  What is not appealing about the other guessed hotels? (most of which get excellent reviews)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello

Thanks - If I go for the Nomad I will certainly use your link.

I quite like the idea of the Smyth / 11 Howard because the hotels look quite high end and are in a good location. I attempted to beat the HOTWIRE price by bidding for them on PRICELINE. The price I'm shown for the 11 Howard on HOTWIRE is £172 ($213 at today's volatile exchange rate) and I bid up to £170 ($211) and it wouldn't even let me have that. Are there instances where you might get a worse price on Priceline bidding than on Hotwire?

On Hotwire I've selected Soho; Meatpacking; Chelsea; Union Square; Lower East Side - in these five areas I can see that there are three 4-4.5* hotels which are cheaper than the 11 Howard. Are you able to identify these for me?

Many thanks for all of your help. This is an amazing site.

1 hour ago, Monday123 said:

The price I'm shown for the 11 Howard on HOTWIRE is £172 ($213 at today's volatile exchange rate) and I bid up to £170 ($211) and it wouldn't even let me have that.

I will warn that if you're hoping for 11 Howard then you're playing a dangerous game since by bidding you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid, without any insight as to which hotel it is that you may likely win.  If you were to win a hotel for $211 and it was something other than 11 Howard (or Smyth) and was not as well reviewed... would it be worth the $2/nite savings??

1 hour ago, Monday123 said:

Are there instances where you might get a worse price on Priceline bidding than on Hotwire?

Of course, this is why we cover both services.:wink:

We can have a look at whatever you'd like, but given the length of your stay i would perhaps try to leverage the extra discount available thru our PRICELINE EXPRESS, and keep in mind that while you continue to hunt for something better, your first current choice in hotel could easily disappear on you (and there have already been a lot of excellent hotels with great reviews listed above, not sure what 'more' it is that you're looking for).  Here are some PRICELINE EXPRESS options which i think either give you good value or are in the zone(s) you're looking for (NOTE: confirm your dates on the landing pages of any provided links below):

4* Empire State Building Area for $181
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> best guess would be the St. Giles - The Tuscany

4.5* Chelsea Area for $185
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> INNSIDE New York Nomad my guess

4* SoHo - Tribeca for $189
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> guess of the Arlo Hudson Square remains

4* Lower East Side - Chinatown for $199
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Sago Hotel would be my best guess here

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Thanks for that. I agree re the bidding, I was just curious.

I can't see the Priceline Express deals that you have posted if I go through Priceline itself directly - as that only shows in sterling and prices are much higher (Soho 4* is showing at £245 - which is $304). So thank you for posting those links - I'll go for either the Arlo Hudson or 11 Howard. Unfortunately the Hotwire discount doesn't apply outside US.

Many thanks for your help

Thank you for all your help with this. Although the 11 Howard was a great deal, I couldn't justify the cost - especially as when I clicked through to the Soho / Tribeca hotel it had dropped to $171. I was going to wait until rates bounced tomorrow, but it wasn't worth it - so I went for it. To confirm, it was Arlo Hudson Square, and I'm very happy with the deal.

Thanks

Congrats on your success.

Really a very nice win for a pretty new property in a great  location. Glad you are pleased with the win and are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchases and searches, as well as for letting us know about this new PRICELINE EXPRESS property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]