Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown Chicago - River North) James Hotel

mikevet
By mikevet,
in

4.5 * Mag Mile/Water Tower  3/10-3/12   $ 105--here are the amenities via Bidding helper

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Sofitel?

4.5 * River North $95  3/10-3/12  Amenities via Bidding Helper

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

The James?

Thanks for the help. Love this site!

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Chicago Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above post.) Thank you for your compliments on Betterbidding - they are greatly appreciated.

Additionally, please let me know if you have any Chicago city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I did provide follow up on my post in Dec--I booked at London House. Please see the following--

" I ended up booking the London House as Ive stayed in the Westin and the Omni, and the Intercontinental before. I booked via the HOTWIRE area, and the rate was $119. I can cancel w/o penalty until tomorrow, so I will continue to monitor your site for any deal that may pop up."

Thanks! Id appreciate the help with this post if you are able.

Mike

What I'm seeing for these dates:

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $109
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Likely the W Lakeshore

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $125
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Possible match for the Monaco

HOTWIRE:

4.5* River North for $95.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  James has been seen with this amenity set previously, so that would be my guess. Personally, this would seem like a very appealing option; that's a very nice hotel for under $100 and in a terrific, central location. 

Are you still seeing the above $108 4.5* Water Tower when searching? If so, how many adults/children are you searching for? I'm seeing a 4.5* in this zone for $108, but with:

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $108.00
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  no guess.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

That is the same amenity set as AaronJB posted above but had no guess.

If i were to take a shot i'd say the Westin Michigan Ave and the InterContinental would each be among the likely candidates, but can't say with any degree of certainty (and AaronJB knows this area best)

Any reason not The James that he has suggested as your likely best option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have stayed at the James--it's great. I was kind of hoping this other one on Mag Mile was the Sofitel, as the other 4.5's in that area rarely have "childrens activities" listed.

Also, no pool listed, which would seem to eliminate the only other choice that ever lists "Childrens Activities" ( W Lakeshore)

Does that make any sense?

Ive never stayed at the Sofitel, and kind of wanted to give it a shot!

53 minutes ago, mikevet said:

I was kind of hoping this other one on Mag Mile was the Sofitel

When you have a specific hotel in mind try to let us know earlier in the post so we can better focus on exactly what it is that you are looking for.

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $109.00
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> while your logic above makes sense, i'm leaning towards the W Chicago - Lakeshore, and although i'm not certain of the ID for this property, i think there is only a very small chance of this being the Sofitel

If you do decide you only want the Sofitel it would be appreciated if you booked thru OUR LINK for this property.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Booked the $95 River North.

Amenities: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

It WAS The James

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not your first choice of hotel in the zone, glad to see you're familiar with this property and pleased with this property for the price paid (less than half of the regular price of the Sofitel that you were hoping for)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have fun in Chicago.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]