Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Ft Lauderdale Beach Area) B Ocean Resort

LPines
By LPines,
in

Used BB PRICELINE link to bid 4* Ft. Lauderdale Beach zone, 2 nights, $125/nt., rejected.

Offered room for $62/nt. more, but put in rejected $135/nt. bid by adding one of many free rebid zones.

Accepted at $145/nt. bid, plus heavy handed $20/nt. "resort fee", now unanimously and simultaneously imposed by hotels in this zone!  (These were not common last year when we stayed in February and some anti-trust lawyer should investigate!)

Very disappointed because B Ocean Resort gets terrible reviews on TripAdvisor and my wife is furious with me.

(We did better last year at this time getting the Sonesta for less money and all the rooms are oceanfront. )

After 15 years using Priceline to buy our hotel stays,  and many years of very enjoyable productive use of this great website,  I'm becoming a skeptical PL customer. From everything I read, there is no way that this hotel is a Four Star property. There are literally scores of scathing reviews.  Somebody must be getting paid off to raise the star levels.  Instead of looking forward to our stay in Fort Lauderdale we are dreading what we will find at this pretentious dump.

*Levels should be set to take into account the quality of the property and amenities, not just that there are some amenities offered.

Very sorry to hear that the result was not what you had hoped for.

Hopefully the property will be better than recent reviews indicate. If not, definitely communicate that with PRICELINE (and follow-up reviews here are always greatly appreciated.) 

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hope your stay will be an enjoyable one. 

Always double check the Priceline Hotel List before bidding... although it can never be 100% complete (as hotels can be added/removed or change star ratings at anytime) it will at least give you some idea of what the possible outcomes might be; in this instance the B Resort was listed in the hotel list as being in this zone and at the 4 star level.

Hope it goes better than you anticipate, and even if not perfect, that you find it to be a good value for the price paid

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]