Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Times Square - Theatre District) The Premier Hotel Times Square

CBakhru
By CBakhru,
in

Hello all,

I am new to BetterBidding and was hoping to get some help with deciding on a hotel in Times Square for my upcoming visit to NYC.

My wife and I will be vacationing in nyc from April 26th through April 30th of this year. The star levels I am looking for are either 4.5 or 5 star. I would like to keep my search limited to the TS zone for now. I am interested in these two deals from Priceline Express and was wondering whether you could please provide me with your best guess as to which hotels these might be?

Express Deal 1 (check-in 04/26/2017; check-out 04/30/2017):

4.5 star hotel in Times Square - Theater District Area
8+ / 10 guest rating
bed choice available
14% off (was $313; now $269 with this deal)
Amenities: Pets Allowed, Fitness Center, Business Center
(I wanted to include all amenities above, but for some reason clicking on "view all" on the Priceline site is not working for me.)

Express Deal 2 (check-in 04/26/2017; check-out 04/30/2017):

5 star hotel in Times Square - Theater District Area
9+ / 10 guest rating
bed choice available
16% off (was $357; now $300 with this deal)
Amenities: Fitness Center, Pets Allowed, Restaurant
(I wanted to include all amenities above, but for some reason clicking on "view all" on the Priceline site is not working for me.)

Another question I had is: if I wanted to try to score a 4.5 or 5-star hotel in the Times Square area for slightly less money than what is given in the offers above by using Priceline's name your own price feature, how much do you suggest I bid? Would bidding somewhere between $230-$250 reasonable, or do you recommend increasing this amount a bit?

Any help you can provide with the above would be truly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS, I'm seeing: 

(Please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the landing page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $269
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>> This would be a possible match for the Westin TS.

5* Times Square - Theatre District for $300
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>This would be a possible match for the Knickerbocker.

Would either of the above be of interest? If you bid there is always the chance that you can get something else (what is showing on the PRICELINE EXPRESS side is not necessarily an indicator of what you may win bidding.) Let us know if you want to bid (a 5* bid is going to take closer to 265-280) rather than take the above deals and we can then outline how to best proceed.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will take these two deals into consideration, but yes, if you can please provide an outline / tips on how to proceed with bidding then that would be great as I may decide to do that as well. $280 would be the max I am willing to bid.

Thanks again!

8 hours ago, CBakhru said:

I will take these two deals into consideration

Keep in mind that while you ponder a decision either, or both, of these deals could disappear... the price could change substantially no longer making it a viable option.

8 hours ago, CBakhru said:

I may decide to do that as well.

We would be happy to suggest a strategy to follow, but please first decide if you want to take one of the offers above OR try bidding on PRICELINE, as it will save us time of further researching this trip and typing out a strategy if you may simply go with one of the current PRICELINE EXPRESS offers... or by the time you decide you want to move forward by bidding rates may have changed no longer making any previously suggested strategy the ideal way to proceed. 

If you do decide you want to try bidding on PRICELINE, please confirm if the Times Square zone is the only one you want to include in your bidding, and if your goal is:

1) the least expensive 4.5* or better

2) if you're willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel and want to first try up to a $280 for a 5 star and then, if rejected, try for a 4.5* up to $280

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us once you decide how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 5* in NYC you have TWENTY ONE re-bid zones... at the 4.5* level you have FIFTEEN.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Times Square
Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $255, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $258, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $260, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $263, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $265, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $268, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $270, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $273, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $275, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $278, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $280, if the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* Times Square
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $253, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $255, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $258, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $260, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $263, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $265

If the above is rejected then you can just take (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $268
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> for which my guess would be the Westin New York At Times Square

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for all of your help! I did not succeed in getting a 5-star hotel, but I got a room at The Premier Hotel Times Square (a 4.5-star hotel) after bidding $245, which is fine with me because it means I spent less than was I was actually expecting to spend!

I used your PRICELINE links to purchase by the way.

I really appreciate your assistance - thanks again, and can't wait for my trip to NYC!

Congrats on your success.

Very good deal for this TS property! Glad you are pleased with the win and are looking forward to your stay.

Plus, from the hotel's website: "Guests are welcome in our exclusive Premier Lounge, perfect for kicking back with complimentary continental breakfast, refreshments and evening reception, which takes place on weekdays." So, definitely nice added value and a rarity at the 4* or above level in NYC.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]