Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Center City East - Convention Center) Philadelphia Marriott Downtown

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Hotels in center city Philly generally have low occupancy rates on weekends and this past weekend was no exception.  The Marriott is the largest hotel in the city and has 1300 rooms to fill and it seems to offer the lowest price in this zone.  Started out bidding $54, but was immediately rejected.  There are many rebid zones in this bidding area, so I added one and increased the bid to $58, then $62, success! 

Room subtotal: $62.00

Taxes & fees: $14.96

Total charged today:$76.96

Very pleased with my bid and it appeared as if the Downtown Marriott was available for $68 through PRICELINE EXPRESS, or $118 on PRICELINE's "shop and compare" site.  This hotel is a typical big city full service Marriott, with a restaurant,  lobby bar, and a $50 overnight parking fee for those on expense accounts.  I wanted to take the train but was out-voted and ended up parking in the Gateway Garage a couple blocks away at the weekend special rate of $7 per 24 hour period. No in and out permitted.  There are closer options for around $22 a day.  

The Marriott is accessible to SEPTA's Jefferson Station, just a short walk at the concourse level and up an elevator in the old Penn Central "headhouse". Ended up having breakfast the next day in the nearby Reading Terminal Market as I didn't want to pay full service Marriott prices for my eggs.  Across from the Marriott is Maggiano's, and although it's no Ralph's (the oldest restaurant in the City), it fit the bill after a long day of walking.  

An odd observation, but we had a drink and an appetizer at the nearby Hard Rock Cafe and their menu listed the caloric and sodium content for items. I believe this was mandated by city ordinance a few years ago.   Nachos were an astounding 4,300 mg of sodium, a real eye opener. 

Used the PRICELINE links on the board to commence bidding.  

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you were able to score a nice deal at this large property and that it worked out well for your needs (and lots of convenient restaurants nearby).

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Glad to hear you had a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]