Priceline Hotel: New York Hotel Bidding/Express Deals Help

jordanwong
By jordanwong,
in

Hi there,

I am new to this website and I was wondering if I could get some help with using PRICELINE to book a hotel from February 19-23. I was hoping to stay at a 5 star hotel anywhere located between Chelsea to Upper East Side (essentially I do not want to be all the way by the Financial District as that seems to be very inconvenient). My maximum price would be $170, do you think this is possible? 

I have also taken a look at the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals, and these three hotels interest me. Do you by any chance know what hotels they are?

Hotel 1: Madison Square Garden 4.5* - $140

Hotel 2: Chelsea Area 4.5* - $132

Hotel 3: Bryant Park 4.5* - $157

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For help with any PRICELINE EXPRESS properties please include the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with the offer (in addition to the star rating, zone, and room rate which you did include above).

HOWEVER, what is it that you are looking for?  You mention that you're seeking a 5* hotel, and there are 5* PRICELINE EXPRESS offers within your budget, but all the properties above are 4.5* hotels.

I"m very familiar with NYC, if you let us know exactly what it is that you're looking for we can try to find you the best option that meets your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here is the updated list:

Hotel 1: Madison Square Garden 4.5* - $140

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Hotel 2: Chelsea Area 4.5* - $132

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Hotel 3: Bryant Park 4.5* - $157

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

And also in regards to the 5* hotel on Express, it has a 7+ rating so I assumed that it wasn't that great. 

Thanks again for your help!

Some of the things that I'm seeing (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Chelsea Area for $132
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>Possible match for the InnSide Nomad.

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $140
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Even Hotel New York would be my guess.

4.5* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $157
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Omni Berkshire would be my guess

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $113
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>One UN would be likely; reasonable price but this property is a bit out of the way at the far E border of the zone.

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $147
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Possible Premiere Hotel TS.

5* Chelsea Area for $199
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>Guess would be Kimpton Eventi.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

When bidding on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... with PRICELINE EXPRESS (and HOTWIRE) you have the ability to take a guess as to the property being offered.

If you saved a few dollars a nite but received a different 5* hotel in this zone would it be worth the savings?  If so, then you could try bidding... if you'd like to target the Eventi then taking the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer would be a safer option.

Let us know how it goes or, if you want to try bidding on PRICELINE, confirm your maximum bid and all of the zones (by priceline name) that are acceptable... we will then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]