Priceline Hotel: 4 star NYC Empire state area

mjc8870
By mjc8870,
in

Traveling to NYC on above listed dates and found a price line express deal 4 * in Empire State zone for $ 153.00

4 Star

9/10 rating

Amenities - Free wi fi, Restaurant, and no smoking rooms

Price $ 153.00

Any guess on which hotel.

I am traveling with wife and 10 yr old. We will be doing hop on/hop off bus tour, 911 memorial, and perhaps broadway show. I am open to other areas and particularly interested in areas we can walk at night to shops and window shopping etc...

I would also be willing to try name your own price if you can suggest strategy. Would love to get price down around 120-130 if it's still a nice hotel.

Thanks,

MJC

Confirm your dates on the landing page of the link provided:

4* Empire State Building Area for $153
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

I'm not certain of this property, and i can investigate further (or find you something similar/better), but before doing so, as this PRICELINE EXPRESS does not show a 'Bed Choice' that indicates 2 beds in the room (or that it will accommodate triple occupancy) how do you overcome that you're more than 2 guests, or is that a risk that you're willing to accept?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do any Priceline deals give a bed choice? These are the correct dates. Any suggestions on how to move forward for the triple occupancy? Additionally, if you can help with suggestions on bidding and priceline express deals based on us just taking risk of no second bed.

Thanks,

MJC

Some PRICELINE EXPRESS deals show a 'Bed Choice', no way to guarantee more than double occupancy when bidding on PRICELINE.

HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy (sometimes searching for more than double occupancy will increase the price, sometimes not, but certainly worth a search). 

As well, some HOTWIRE hotels will also show a Bed Choice / Room Configuration option (which i would think you'd be ok showing up with triple occupancy even if you only booked for two, if the room indicates bedding that would accommodate 3 people; a small risk in my opinion, and certainly a much smaller risk than booking for two with no room type designated and showing up with 3 guests).  If using our BiddingHelper.com tool, use the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab and click thru on the offers to see if a bed type is offered... then use the EASY VIEW tab to get the full amenity set if there is an offer that you would like us to have a look at.

NYC is one of those places where we don't typically recommend booking for double occupancy (unless you child is very young, say, less than 6 years old or so and you're OK with having them sleep on a chair/ottoman (if available) or worst case scenario by throwing some pillows and sheets on the floor) as space is at a premium and most hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed (and no/little room for a rollaway)... many NYC hotels consider rooms with two beds to be an upgrade from 'standard' and charge more for rooms 2 bedded rooms).  In a more family oriented location such as Orlando the risk of booking for double occupancy and showing up with four guests is greatly reduced as the hotels are used to catering to families and the majority of rooms are built to accommodate more than two guests... but in NYC it's just the opposite.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thinking about this a little bit, I want to focus on Times Square Theater District and Rockefeller Plaza. Not going to worry about Triple occupancy and will focus on standard room. I am looking for four star and would consider Priceline Express and Name your price. I would like to keep price around $ 150.00.

I have adjusted dates to 03/19/17-03/22/17.

Looking forward to your assistance.

Thanks,

MJC

The only PRICELINE EXPRESS offer meeting your criteria is this one (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $141
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> i'm not certain, but The Night Hotel Theater District has previously been seen wit this amenity set and would be my guess for this one

If you can stretch your budget a bit i'll point out this one other offer:

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $178
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> best guess here would be The Kimpton Muse which gets excellent reviews

Do either of the above work for your needs OR do you want to try bidding?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take one of the offers above) and we'll take it from there.

When bidding 4* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Times Square and Rockefeller Center

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask. (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Just so you're aware, this is the start of high season... we usually see rates begin to creep up in mid-March and then continue to move higher as we get further along into Spring (and then drop for the summer months, although we have not seen as much of a drop in the last few years as we had seen 5+ years ago).

What is it that you are expecting/hoping to pay?

I don't want to be locked in to price when I can book much closer and actually pick my hotel. I am monitoring prices daily and when/if I see an incline I will then lock it in. Otherwise, I will wait to couple of days before and book. I already have a hotel booked with free cancellation as a back up. I know this is risky but I am checking daily and monitoring prices closely.

Thanks

Please wait until you're ready to commit to a purchase (at current prices) before asking for help with hotel identifications and/or a bidding strategy as the hotels currently available may not be the ones offered if/when prices do drop (or the previous bidding strategy may not be valid if rates have changed).

Booking a back-up hotel is a good idea and we have another website devoted to searching for hotel options with generous free cancellation policies: RefundableRates.com.

Keep us updated on your progress and whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]