Priceline Hotel: Priceline bid ? in North Scottsdale, AZ?

beantownbabe
By beantownbabe,
in

Hello BB Forum!

I will be staying in North Scottsdale, AZ. from 2/11 thru 2/15/2017 and am considering placing a $50 name your own price bid on a 4* hotel for 2 adults. I presently have refundable reservation booked direct with the Country Inn same area,  for $135 a night but would like to try my my hand on a successful bid.

A recent Tripadvisor reviewer won a $50 bid and I messaged them about it. They said that they booked the day before and got the Scottsdale Marriott at Mcdowell Mountains. So I'm wondering what other hotels PRICELINE is placing winning 4* bidders in and if it's advisable to start my bid at $50 during my time frame? Priceline amenities listed for 4* in this area are only pool, fitness and business center.

Thanks so much!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Keep in mind with PRICELINE, rates can vary (and often substantially) from one day to the next, so what another user may have gotten for their dates does not necessarily reflect what it may take for your own dates. You also have to be willing to stay at any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone chosen. Would that be acceptable? What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? Rates do look unusually high in this zone for these dates, so unfortunately I don't think $50 is going to be realistic.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

To add to the above (as i was typing when AaronJB replied, so i just kept going anyway)...

Rates are date specific, and your dates include Valentine's Day which is typically a busy nite for hotels.  With the Scottsdale Marriott at Mcdowell Mountains   

selling for $379/nite for your dates... a $50 bid is not realistic.  The user who you saw win at $50 was probably during a slow nite (perhaps a solo Sunday nite, which is the least expensive nite for hotels) or during some other slow season nite.

Also, note that this property is currently 3.5* rated by both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, so a 4* bid would not put you in the running for this property.

You can see all the hotels reported to the board in this zone using our Priceline and Hotwire Hotel Lists.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much to both!

Unfortunate timing with V day rates. I did check out HOTWIRE through the link here, and it shows a 2.5 star hotel for $91 per night, which may be La Quinta in North Scottsdale based on the rating in conjunction with TripAdvisor ratings for similar hotels. I'll have to look further and weigh my options.

Can you tell if it's the La Quinta Inn & Suites on 8888 E Shea Blvd? If so, I would def book it with HOTWIRE and would save almost $200 over the Country Inn at 10801 N 89th Pl.

I certainly appreciate the prompt and helpful feedback here, thanks! 

I'm seeing:

HOTWIRE:

2.5* North Scottsdale for $91.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Pool
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==>  With a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating, Guess would be the La Quinta.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking on the link below):

2.5* North Scottsdale for $56
Pets Allowed
Free Parking
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Possible match for the Extended Stay America Phoenix/Scottsdale.

Is North Scottsdale the only area of interest?

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Most listings on PRICELINE EXPRESS do show customer ratings. You can use our BiddingHelper.com tool and search your dates, then click on PRICELINE EXPRESS and see the complete list of offerings for your dates of travel.

There is no way to know if/when the price will go down, but keep in mind that prices can also suddenly go higher and/or the listing could just disappear entirely if inventory goes. Given how busy this period appears to be, there is certainly risk of the price going in the wrong direction. 

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

On 1/25/2017 at 8:46 PM, beantownbabe said:

La Quinta would be awesome at that rate.

Then take it before it disappears entirely. :wink:

The regular rate for this property for your dates is $172/nite, so just under half price... if the price goes down $3 how would you feel vs. if the property disappears entirely and you're left with options you don't like so much or much higher prices? (focus on the $80/nite savings rather than rolling the dice in hopes of getting the last .03 worth of savings)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you both!

How sure are you based on the amenities listed on Hotwire (Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking) that this is La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale? If you're Very certain then I'll book it using the link here by 1/28 to get that extra $15 off too, thanks much!

We can't see the hotel name either :wink: but if you take a look around the board you will see we have an excellent track record.

What is the risk here, as HOTWIRE shows you that this property (even if not the La Quinta) gets an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating; so worst case scenario you're looking at an excellent hotel for under $100/nite.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]