Priceline Hotel: March 11-16 DC Downtown Hotel

mmnowhere
By mmnowhere,
in

The DC hotel market is very much driven by events taking place in the city (whether they be business conventions, congress/senate meetings, political protests, etc) and currently rates are high for these dates, with conventionally booked rooms starting at over $200+ per nite.

If the Capitol Hill zone is acceptable i think you can get something in the $125 area... if not, and only the zones above are acceptable, at current rates i think you're likely looking at about $130-$150 for something in the Georgetown-Foggy Bottom zone (although a 4* here can likely be had for the upper end of this range).

If your budget is firm and you don't mind changing hotels, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? (i haven't yet looked to see if this will help or not)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the help!

I added Capitol Hill and Crystal City and bid for three start and $90/night. It didn't take, but Priceline suggested a $141 bid for the same zones and stars. I'm not sure I want to go up to $141/night just yet. I could postpone the travel to summer. Is summer a better choice for DC hotels? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, mmnowhere said:

Is summer a better choice for DC hotels?

'Better' in terms of what... pricing?

As per above, rates are date specific and DC is an event driven market, so it all depends upon what meetings/conferences/etc are taking place in the city on the specific dates you need.

You can searching potential dates using our BiddingHelper.com tool and get a good sense of prices using the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW and PRICELINE EXPRESS tabs.

Also, based upon PRICELINE's counter-offer the 'right' price at the moment is somewhere between $91-$141... sometimes yon can win for just $1 more than your previous bid, other times it takes the full counter-offer price.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes... or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]